Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Front Camera Gray Green Pale Selfies

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 11:28 PM)
moizme
Apprentice
Options

I have just upgraded from Note 9 where my front cam pics were vivid and warm as were my shows / streaming videos.  And now on my Ultra S22 everything seems to have a gray green pale dull tint to it. ESPECIALLY selfies, the selfie cam seems horrible and forget using snap everything comes out off color and blurry. None of my fav filter look good anymore.  I even put on my Netflix show on both my S22 Ultra and Note 9 at the same time, playing them side by side and Note 9 is waay more vivid and the S22 is sooo murky... OH! and the steaming videos and pictures just seem darker in tone regardless of how much I increase the brightness! 😞

I need help, is my phone defective or is this normal, is anyone else noticing this... Gray Green Pale videos and selfies? Only thing not off color are pics and videos from the back cam.  Streaming shows and selfies are no blaahh.. I am very tempted to take it back.

* ALSO, why does the selfie came flip me horizontally? So let say I'm wearing an off shoulder shirt, I take a selfie  with it on one side in the image  and then it AUTOMATICALLY flips me it is on my other shoulder? What's up with that? So confused, can I turn that off?

13 REPLIES 13
AshP_
Options

@moizme Have you had a go at changing the colour tone of your screen to get it to the level you'd like? You can do so by heading to Settings > Display > Screen mode. From here, you can adjust the warmth as well as the white balance by tapping 'Advanced settings'.

As for the selfie camera flipping the image, you can disable this by heading to the Camera app > Settings cog (top left) > Toggle 'Save selfies as previewed' ON. 

Emilios Alexiou
Explorer
Options

Hello. I have same thing. When I take a selfie with front camera flash in a dark place indoor I always see a green tint in the upper part of photo. I had nothing like this in my old s10plus. Do you face the same?

moizme
Apprentice
Options

OK yes I played with all that yesterday.  Fixed the photo flip issue.. but I also tried changing my display to Vivid and turned warm all the way up and it still seem to be lacking  grey green tint and like the brighness is down but i have it about 90% up..

Emilios Alexiou
Explorer
Options

Do you have this problem with the selfie as you said with screen flash on? This is how i face it. the upper part of the photo has a green tint.

Smile25
Explorer
Options
I don't seem to have issues with the front camera except when I use it on WhatsApp. The picture is grey/green. They look awful. I used to have an S8 I had no problems and the camera quality was much better.
radlou
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I've been having the same issue, I've tried everything but I don't know why when a take a selfie picture in whatsapp and the new social media app called BeReal mostly in low light setting the pictures turns grey/green and with spots of blueish colour. Have you managed to solve this? I've contacted Samsung but I can't show them the problem. I think I might go to a Samsung store to complain about this.

avgdrivers
First Poster
Options
Same, its awful
Smile25
Explorer
Options
No sadly I've not been able to. I contacted WhatsApp they asked me to update the app and reinstall it. I sent them the contrasting pictures one normal one taken with the camera and the other using WhatsApp. I tried it all and responded to then and explained it had not fixed the issue. They have logged it. I called Samsung and they said WhatsApp is not capable of processing the high quality of pictures that the s22 takes. Neither of them can help. So basically we have a new fantastic phone but can't take decent picture on app. I have to take a picture on my phone camera first then send it on WhatsApp, If I take it directly on WhatsApp I look grey/green in colour. It's a real pain as it's a two step process just to send a picture. My S8 was fine. I'm not surprised you didn't get any answers from Samsung. Besides this issue I fought for 7 months to get my money back on a £45 charger that stopped working after 2 weeks. Over 27 hours on the phone 50 emails and extremely rude service I got my money back. I'm not an iPhone person but a big BUT! What was the point of spending all this money for a phone that has camera issues. I thought that that was it's unique selling point?!
0 Likes
Smile25
Explorer
Options
Did you have a Samsung before? If so, what model? These new phones are not what they cracked up to be..