Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra freezing

(Topic created on: 22-01-2023 02:57 AM)
Tazz_99
Journeyman
Options
Why does my phone keep freezing. I can not use my phone for like 15 seconds. Can anyone help
6 REPLIES 6
Georgie85
Pioneer
Options
Same keeps happening to me. Really frustrating.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tazz_99 

Did you perhaps use Samsung Smartswitch to move your info from your previous phone to your new one ? I ask as some have experienced some issues after doing this and have resorted to a factory reset and then download their apps via the MyLibrary in your Playstore and Samsung Galaxy Store.

I personally use my Samsung Cloud back up.

Some good generic troubleshooting tips are >

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Send it back refund or replacement
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Send it back for a refund and research on google the number of issues thr s22 have... its horrendous that samsung came up with this phone as a flagship.
Carter
First Poster
Options

Mine does  the exact same thing I go to unlock it and when it opens boom nothing but my screensaver and its frozen  I try to Power down my phone but it takes like 10 mins to get that to pop up its really frustrating since I'm paying over $2000 for this phone and it's not even a month old 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Carter : Please can you try restarting your S22 in Safe Mode? This will disable all third party apps on the device, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the problem. If you notice an improvement, then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps you have introduced since you first encountered the issue. 

0 Likes