Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra freezing constantly

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 05:21 PM)
Magme
Journeyman
Options

I'm having problems with my S22 Ultra (Exynos) like many others, and I’m so close to returning it. When used in system settings and every app I’ve tried so far, it freezes up for a few seconds and then suddenly works again. When downloading stuff in the background, I can see the download animation in the top also freezes.

I took a little video of it here:
https://streamable.com/61ncet

Is this the same problem all of you are experiencing? I’m on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF / S908BOXM1AVBF / S908BXXU1AVBF

I have already tried to reformat it three times, with no luck at all. I have also cleared the system cache by restarting, and removing animations and lowered the resolution, but none worked.

Is there anything I can do besides waiting for the new firmware to drop?

49 REPLIES 49
Magme
Journeyman
Options

Is it possible for you to upload the video? The more the merrier 

Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Had my S22U for just under a week now, updated to the march update yesterday, but never had any problems with anything really so far. If anything it feels better than my S21U.
Magme
Journeyman
Options

Glad to hear og works well for you, maybe it's just a silicon lottery that's the difference. But I really hope not... 

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Yeah hopefully this gets resolved soon so I don't have to deal with this myself 😃
0 Likes
AntonioMerretti
Pioneer
Options
I would try sending it back or getting a replacement from Samsung. This doesn't sound right and probably a hardware issue.
I've got the 512 version and mine seems to be fine other than battery drain issues. Geek bench scores are in line with what the exynos should expect.
0 Likes
Members_iIuwR7g
First Poster
Options

My S22 Ultra 512Gb keeps freezing aswell. It's ridiculous considering this phone was 1449,- euros. I hope they fix this issue with an update otherwise I'll return it.

Magme
Journeyman
Options

Ok, so i actually found a temporary solution for this problem on my phone.
When i turn on screen recording, all the lagging and slowness just disappear instantly!
Anyone else that can replicate this? 

0 Likes
K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

The problem I am having, is the keypad freezes after I write few sentences and crashes after. Also has a crackling sound when watching or listening. Plus get the odd screen flicker and also when I play basic games it freezes up a lot. Not even my old phones does that. This was happening before and after the update. I will be sending this phone back for a refund. Really liked the phone tho.

0 Likes
Magme
Journeyman
Options

It's the same problems i have, i just don't get the crackling sound.

0 Likes
K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

I thought I was the only one with keypad freezeing and crashing. Not sure if and when they give an update it will fix all the issue's. Really want to keep the phone but. Will most likely return it tomorrow. The screen just froze 3 times now. While writing this message.

0 Likes