Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra freezing constantly

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 05:36 PM)
Magme
Journeyman
Options

I'm having problems with my S22 Ultra (Exynos) like many others, and I’m so close to returning it. When used in system settings and every app I’ve tried so far, it freezes up for a few seconds and then suddenly works again. When downloading stuff in the background, I can see the download animation in the top also freezes.

I took a little video of it here:
https://streamable.com/61ncet

Is this the same problem all of you are experiencing? I’m on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF / S908BOXM1AVBF / S908BXXU1AVBF

I have already tried to reformat it three times, with no luck at all. I have also cleared the system cache by restarting, and removing animations and lowered the resolution, but none worked.

Is there anything I can do besides waiting for the new firmware to drop?

49 REPLIES 49
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you Factory Reset your phone again then set the phone up as new i.e don't use your saved back up or Smartswitch and then see how the phone performs.

If the phone performs OK then either your back up or using Smartswitch could be causing the conflict @Magme 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Magme
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately that's what i have already done all three times, when i got my S21 Ultra at launch, i had problems with the battery after using smartswitch, so i haven't used it since.

MrZwerin
Apprentice
Options

Getting the same exact experience and close to returning mine as well! Keeps on crashing. Following links to apps are none responsive. One UI keeps crashing. Bearing in mind I've installed the software update earlier this evening. 

Magme
Journeyman
Options

Glad to hear im not the only one, hopefully Samsung will soon acknowledge the problem and fix it. At least i know it's not my S22 Ultra that's faulty...

MrZwerin
Apprentice
Options
The whole thing is I have is I've traded in my Samsung Note 20 5g for the s22 ultra and its 5X slower. I thought it would naturally be an upgrade. Unfortunately it's proving to be the opposite. I've had the phone a week so I'm trying to be patient...
Members_Wk6bOy6
Student
Options

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I have also recorded the freezing screen on my second phone. Also installed the new update and also reset to factory settings. Nothing has helped.

Members_Wk6bOy6
Student
Options

Same, screen flickering even after the new update that was supposed to solve this issue, phone freezing and restarting itself 

MrZwerin
Apprentice
Options
Problem is how long to leave it? I've restarted my phone more times than when I had my S20... the best part of 1.5 yrs
0 Likes
Magme
Journeyman
Options

Ouch...

I feel you, i used Upgrade+ to upgrade my S21 Ultra for this one. And yea, it's not the same experience as my S21 Ultra, or even Note 9 and S8+

But yea, i try to be patient, but it's hard...

0 Likes