Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra freezing after answering the call

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 11:54 AM)
goranjustair
First Poster
Options

Hi,

sometimes my  S22 ultra freezes after answering the call. how could this be fixed? i regularly update my phone

Thanks

BR

61 REPLIES 61
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does the call connect and your able to hold a conversation @goranjustair 

Is it that once you've concluded your conversation you can't go back to your hone screen or end the call ?

I'd suggest to try the following.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Neoflash
Journeyman
Options

This has been happening quiet a lot in the last months. I receive a call it could be a known or a new number, when I pick up the call the phone completely freezes. I have to hard restart the phone taking almost 2mins to boot running through optimising apps UI. Why can't a 1200 euro phone do the most basic thing a cell phone can do?? If I had the option I would return the phone, fix your bugs we shouldn't do workarounds or clearing data or cache for the most basic thing on the phone. To make things worse the phone does not retain the "missed call" number.
I was skeptical moving to Samsung again since the S6, very bad move from my side.

PaulM1
Options

That's highly unusual, @Neoflash, so it's very important that you get this resolved. 

To be clear, I've merged your post about this issue on your S22 Ultra with a thread that had been created about the same issue. 

I recommend consulting the suggestions that are offered by @BandOfBrothers above.

Please let us know whether these steps help you receive calls as expected again.

0 Likes
Zoko
First Poster
Options

Actually, it's not unusual. I have S22+ and the same issue @Neoflash has spotted happens to me and my colleagues who had the same phone.  In the beginning, it was once a month and now I have this issue 2 or 3 times per month. I will try the suggestions offered by @BandOfBrothers and see if something will change.

Lybomir
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am using a Samsung S22 Ultra and started to notice it about a mount ago. I will get a call, answer it and the phone will then freeze on the call screen. After awhile it will restart itself and will run some One UI optimizations. I also don't see a record of the call in the Recents screen afterwards.

This problem happens at random, at least a couple of times per week.

Thanks

AndrewL
Options

@Lybomir: Are you using an app or feature when the issue occurs, or do you encounter the problem when the phone rings while its idle? As a troubleshooting step, please try heading to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call display while using apps, and try out some of the available options here to see if you notice an improvement. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Lybomir
Student
Options

Hey AndrewL,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Most of the times the phone is Idle with the display turned off. I will try to play around with some settings, see it there is any difference. I can also provide logs/crash reports if such are stored on my device and you instruct me on how to collect them.

Best Regards

Pesho
First Poster
Options

This doesn't sound unusual to me. I have the same issue with my s22 ultra in the past 2 months. Randomly when the phone rings, when I try to answer the phone freezes completely and eventually restart in 2-3 minutes. Initially I thought it might be related to my galaxy watch5 as it keep ringing while the phone is frozen for couple of minutes until restarts. These issues started in the last couple of months and it is very annoying especially when it is an urgent call... It is most likely caused by an update... whatever the cause it is a problem to purchase a premium but apparently unreliable phone! Please fix this issue ASAP!

Darko007
Student
Options

I've had the same issue for a year. I thought an update would resolve this, but still nothing. Is there a chance to fix this or do I have to switch to iPhone?!