Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra For Sale?

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 11:14 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm surprised at the large No of used S22 Ultras for sale

I've never known for so many of such a new model of a flagship phone to find its way onto the shelves of so many used outlets so quickly

Given the number of issues that have plagued this handset which seem to vary depending on what it is used for, is this a sign that consumers are voting with their feet?

Don't get me wrong up until owning this S22 Ultra I have been a Samsung fan and not only in phones as I regularly use Samsung parts such as SSDs etc when building or repairing PCs, I also prefer the UI on Samsungs smart TVs

I personally wouldn't risk buying another new release phone from Samsung after my experience with this S22 Ultra

The stuff on the phone that works, works well but the problems that it encounters tend to be major and require a lot of technical knowledge to work around or a lot of patience waiting for updates etc

I'm sure at some point most issues will be resolved and maybe some corners have been cut on components such as the network chips or the exymos cpu etc which may be making it difficult to solve some of the problems 

I'm already researching other brands for my next upgrade much sooner than normal as I'd normally usually expect to get at least a couple of years from an upgrade but have only had this phone for a few months and it's been a nightmare to work with

I suspect Apple will be rubbing their hands if people decide to switch to them, which I hope not as I'm not an apple fan

Samsung you need to sort yourselves out, whatever has gone wrong needs fixing quick or your reputation will suffer badly and once you lose consumers it can be really hard to get them back

20 REPLIES 20
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
For battery performance I would agree that people would get different results obviously.
But for pure performance people should be getting the same experience.
Can I ask what issues you have with regards to work and business use?.
Luckily we literally have hundreds of phones to choose from 😅,and there is always one out there that will suit your needs.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Wow what a history...

I still have my very first, first, first phone.. Guess what???... Nokia, I think its called 2010 or 1210.. Still in original condition

In fact I have around 15 or more my old phones... Including the very first iPhone... Still firing up, 😁😁..
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Lol, I have still got my first phone motorola flip phone, size of a brick with pull up antenna 🙄
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Okk.. Then.. Guess what... I have Moto V3 razer... And its charging and working 😂😂

I have another special on... Dell Streak.. The first tablet phone or pamlet or something they called at the time..
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Biggest issue is unreliable network I.e full mobile and wifi signal yet Internet or calls drop, outlook won't always work which has improved but still get freezes. Lots of dead links in emails and Web pages. To be fair it's not as bad as it was but still throws wobblers from time to time. A lot of issues were fixed then an update caused most apps to start crashing again so I had to reset my phone to get them working again. Seems a bit better now but Bluetooth won't connect to my card reader which I need to accept payments so I've kind of gotten sick of it and given up. Cache wipes here and there soft resets install and uninstall this and that, just too much ago so I've set my work stuff and 2nd sim up on an old Motorola so at least they work when needed. I've still got some accounts to set back up when I get in office as you lose a lot of access due to MF authentication when you reset
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Ah ok yeah that is a strange one and frustrating for you obviously.
I've never had such issues.
I always perform partition cache wipe and galaxy apps booster after every software update and my phones run super smooth.
I'm not saying this will work for you just letting you know my experience.
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I do not think consumers are voting with their feet. Samsung already got our money. However, if the S23 series has an unfavourable welcome, then we could say that consumers are voting with their feet. In my opinion, the number of phones in second hand outlets show how awful the S22 series has been.

Saying that the S22 series has had problems is an understatement. The problems started before the phone hit the shops. The pre-order system was absolute rubbish, (please replace rubbish with whichever adjective gives the proper semantic meaning of how you feel).

I pre-ordered two burgundy S22 Ultra 1TB plus a few accessories. My ordered was delayed three times. Customer service was continuously and consciously lying to us. The lack of clear information about the orders was unbelievable. To keep customers content, Samsung gave us a 50 pounds code to use on Samsung.com. It was a nice gesture, just to find out that it was to use in Samsung.CON. The code was a con, it was invalid when I tried to use it.

Of course, that was not the only con. Samsung was offering a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro, and a year subscription to Disney Plus. The Buds were relatively easy to claim, but the Pro stands for Proper rubbish. There is no way one can make them stay in the ears. The functionalities and sound are not bad, but do not expect to use it for long or doing any physical activity. They are designed to fall out of your ears.

At least we had a code for a year subscription to Disney Plus, which could be used until 11th of June 2023. Oh boy! Claiming the code was more difficult than going to Mars, but some of us were lucky to claim it. Phew! After so many hoops and loops, it was a relieve. Of course, you know what its coming, Samsung cancelled the codes. Customers must go back to the torturous systems of the Boost app to claim it again with a month validity. Samsung should rename it to Deflating App, because that it is how we are left when we use it.

Some members have excused Samsung by suggesting that it might be a Disney decision. Samsung already had checked and confirmed the validity of the claims. A simple customer orientated solution could have been sending a replacement code automatically to their users.

We eventually got our hands on the excellent piece of hardware with fantastic new camera capabilities using nightography. Indeed, it was fantastic because it was pure fantasy. The camera capabilities were good only on paper, the silver lining was that software could improve them. The phone came plagued with problems. I would not list them because there is not enough space or time for it, but to summarise it, the phone had problems even for receiving and making calls. It is understandable, an obscure functionality like making and receiving calls on phone is not used by many. I have been using Samsung phones before the Smart revolution and I still have a couple of Galaxy S2. I am a very light S22 Ultra user and the number of niggles and problems have been enough to put me off from Samsung. Imagine the heavy users.

In addition, we have the duality of SoC. Many users keep telling us that Exynos is good. The fact remains that Exynos has constantly underperformed when compare with its Snapdragon counterpart despite being more expensive (pound vs dollar). It could well be one of the reasons for so many bugs, keeping the two branches of the code and not investing enough in developing and maintaining it.

In the latest collaboration with AMD’s GPU was a total disaster. Users could not select high resolution on games. Samsung lack of imagination is abysmal. I do not understand why Samsung did not partnership with one of the game companies to create at least one game that could show the capabilities of a GPU. A GPU capable of ray tracing that was bringing desktop performance to the mobile arena.

Teething problems are understandable as long as they are minor and easily corrected. Samsung has dropped the ball in that front as well. It has released firmware that are causing more problems than they solve. Bricking the device in some cases, like Galaxy Watch 4.

They think that all can be solved by making fun of Apple by saying to iphone’s users not to expect that Apple would do epic phones. I think that Apple could say to Galaxy’s users not to expect that Samsung would make phones that work. Galaxy phones are as expensive or more than iphones.

Samsung has shown a constant disregard and contempt to its customers. It has shown a lack of honesty, integrity, quality, and quality control. Samsung’s reputation had suffered already. Let’s hope that it is not permanently.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your comments, you have summarised the situation very well. I am a heavy phone user as I have multiple roles where I need secure and quick and regular reliable access to multiple accounts so I need to use the 2nd sim several email addresses and online accounts so I quickly ran into network problems and app crashes as well as constant calls dropping. I think a lot of consumers will avoid the S23, this phone cost me the best part of 2 grand I traded in my S20+ and got a good deal on the trade in although the trade in company demanded £75 payment back as they said the phone had screen burn, despite it being less than a year old? So after all that expense I was quite exited waiting for the phone, most expensive I have ever bought so you can imagine my horror when it all went wrong. Not just minor glitches, errors to a point that stopped me from doing my job. Reporting the faults on a fans app can be a challenge though, I've been trolled, insulted accused of being a Samsung hater etc etc. However I believe you don't fix problems by pretending they don't exist or blaming the user etc. If you pay a lot of good money for a device, it's reasonable to expect it to at least work. I got the buds Pro and Disney plus, I'm happy with the buds Pro as they are an improvement on the buds live, I don't do activity wearing them though so I've not noticed problems with the fit. I won't be upgrading with Samsung phone again though, I'm not going through this again and I suspect a lot of others will do the same. I wouldn't get an apple even though their devices are better and more reliable, I don't like their monopolising business practices. I'll be looking more towards a pixel or one of the upcoming brands as an alternative I.e more focused on open source and user freedom. The removal of SD cards is an early warning sign for Sansung. I'm not a Samsung hater, I am a very angry Samsung fan who can't believe such an expensive flagship device can have so many serious flaws. I think its bad decision making combined with poor software development and support. Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to make 2 versions of a processor for the same device? That's an open invitation for firmware and software problems, I suspect corners may have been cut on networking chips etc Given the poor quality and instability of connectivity. So as you can imagine lots of ranting. I'm hoping Samsung get to grips with the issues on this device so we can at least get some reliable usage out of them before it's time to upgrade. I don't want to see companies like Apple getting even more dominant in the market but Samsung will need to up their game and fix their faults
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My phone and watch is great, not major issues or slow down issues on my S22U and GW5 Pro

My only issues is the upgrade package offer when trading in old watch for the new GW

Looking forward to getting my hands on S23U when it is released
Foreverteachable
Apprentice
Options

I am now waiting for my third S22 Ultra. The first one: Night Mode didn't work. The second one the GPS stopped working, and so did voice text. Can a person ask for a refund if there are treoubles with a third phone from Samsung.