Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Finger Print scanner freezing on lock screen

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 07:46 AM)
Schowie
Apprentice
Options

Every couple of days i keep getting an issue on the lock screen when i go put my finger on the finger print reader and part of the finger print logo is missing and the screen is fozen, after a minute or  2 the log comes back on and then reads my finger and lets me in. It does come up with a message to close the system UI, which would indicate a software fault, has anypne else had this issue?

26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is some threads on the forum where people were having some issues with the scanner.

Mine has been fine.

In my biometric settings and more biometric settings I have show unlock transition effect disabled however I'm not sure if this makes a difference to your current issue.

First ensure your software is updated and then one of the best known generic troubleshooting tips is to clear the phone's system cache files partition.

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

Also try deleting the fingerprints and start again.

You could also try Safe Mode.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-fingerprint-scanner-isnt-working. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jeff_
Navigator
Options
Yep I have the same problem it's not just you so don't worry hopefully Samsung will issue a another software fix to fix this mine is also randomly rebooting as well during the day/night.. submitt a error report using this app so they can look into it for you.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had this a couple of times, I usually just hit power button and it seems to come back to life, no software crash though
0 Likes
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I've had this issue happen quite regularly over the past 4 weeks with my S22 Ultra. Here's a link to my post which I made yesterday, which had a response from a Samsung moderator with instructions on how to submit the system logs after the issue occurs. Hopefully the more people who send the logs, the more of a chance this issue will be resolved sooner rather than later. It's making me regret purchasing the phone as it's very frustrating, and if it doesn't get fixed soon I might see how to get a refund.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/one-ui-crashing-on-s22-ultra/td-p/5003283
Schowie
Apprentice
Options
Thanks will submit some too, seems to be a common issue, so hopefully they'll sort it on the next software update
0 Likes
SsnickersS
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue in France. Occurs less (2 times in 3 weeks) but very annoying for a so expensive phone.

Last update doesn't fix it.

Complicated when you need your phone immediatly...

0 Likes
KM0D0
Student
Options

Thanks, I'll give disabling the animation ago 

0 Likes
Members_BgrlK4Y
First Poster
Options

Both my wife's S22 Ultra and mine are showing that exact same issue, quite frustrating. Eventually comes back to life after pressing ALL the buttons. Does seem software related hopefully a patch comes out soon🤞

0 Likes
Members_qcoWM79
First Poster
Options

Same thing has been happening to my S22 Ultra. Happens almost once or twice a day! Very frustrating. When I go to unlock the phone, the lock screen freezes and I can see a partial thumbprint. It'll stay like that for about 2 minutes. It happened just now again and the phone restarted. Hope they bring out a fix!

0 Likes