Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra fast/super fast charging not working

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 07:41 PM)
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
I have been using s22 ultra for 8 months with Samsung 45W original charger. Everything was working fine and charging speed was really good. But, Since last two days all of sudden it's not doing cable charging only. I have checked charger and checked fast charging feature enabled as well. I ran Software Diagnostic as well. Showing no issues. 

My phone is on Exynos chip. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Soorajit: From the notifications, I can see that the estimated charge time is 1hr 27m. With the battery currently sitting at 12%, this seems to be normal. 

0 Likes
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
Charging time is not normal. My phone was fully 100% charged in 1 hour 5 mins. Now its doubled
0 Likes
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
Before this it used to say 'super fast charging '
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
What colour is the charging ring when you plug the charger in? What does it show in battery section of Device Care? Mine clearly shows super fast charger connected (see screenshot). Please post screenshot of yours.

1h 27m is NOT double 1h 5mins it's only 22 mins more (which is nothing btw).Screenshot_20230317_084402_Device care_1000000687_1679042649.jpg
0 Likes
TomJasp
Explorer
Options
My understanding ( I'm fallible) is that charging rates are not linear... It will charge at a lower rate as the battery charged state increases.

This screenshot from of a table within https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/is-samsungs-45-watt-phone-charger-worth-it-we-put-it-to-the-test/ demonstrates.

I'm not sure why your early experience was different. Screenshot_20230317_095726_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
Before that it was saying superfast charger connected like yoursScreenshot_20230317_104350_Device care_1000044910_1679049830.png
0 Likes
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
I have crossed checked with friend's charger and its not working. And my charger working with fine with his mobile
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Has this problem manifested itself after a recent phone update?
0 Likes
TomJasp
Explorer
Options
Same charger and cable?
Until the new USB cable marking standard comes into play, it's really hard to tell what amperage the cable supports.

I guess, if your friends model is the same as yours, it's time to speak to Samsung support re warranty.

Good luck!
0 Likes