Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Fast Charging does not work only Super Fast Charging does.

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 12:54 AM)
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I'm kinda confused with the charging speed of my S22 Ultra. When using the PD25W adapter fast charging does not work only Super Fast Charging which is kinda confusing.

When using the charger of my old S10 fast charging only activates when I turn on Super Fast Charging.

Right now if I have only Fast Charging on I get the notification Cable Charging which is kinda a shame because right now I can't chose how I want to charge my phone only Super Fast or Slow.

Anyone know why this is the case and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance:)

11 REPLIES 11
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is many threads about this, so

If you are using 15W Charger USB A to USB C
Then you are just Charging

If you are using 25w USB A to USB C
You are Fast Charging

If you are using 25W Charger USB C to USB C
You are Super fast charging

If you are using 45W charger USB C to USB C
You are getting Super Fast charging 2.0
Which is the fastest, but need to be using a 5a Cable

I believe that's correct
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

Well I'm using the Samsung 25W USB-C to USB-C charger but I still don't understand why Fast Charging does not activate when Super Fast charging is turned off, if it's off I only get cable charging.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have no idea why that's not showing, not that I have tried.

Why would you want to turn off Super fast Charging?

Update: I turned off Super fast charging and plugged in a USB A to USB C to a 25w Charger and its showing as Fast charging on my s22 Ultra
0 Likes
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

Well I did not turn it off, it's something I noticed when my new charger came yesterday and I was wondering if that's an issue with the software or if something is wrong with the new charger.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh that's weird I think my settings was all on when I got mine

0 Likes
Gianco89
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, maybe a software issue, 2 days ago it was working.

0 Likes
Gianco89
Journeyman
Options

Same here

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Check and adjust your battery settings. By default, the fast charge option is disabled, and the suoer fast is enabled. make the adjustments as per your liking. If you ask me, i charge my phone slow. I charge itnusing 10 watts charger, 5 volts and 2 amps which is almost 0,5C (1C is the full capacity of the battery, 0,5 C is half the capacity) and it works great for me. No heat build up, minimum wear and tear, reliable and solid charge, about 2 and a half-ish hours charge time. I hate to say it, but US support are dumb, and have no knowledge and understanding on the charging process and cannot compute in mind simple and basic mathematics about 1C and 0,5C charging times and so on. BEFORE you jump on me, this charging mode is ALLOWED by Samsung. This charging mode is achieved if you disable fast charging and suoer fast charging in the batery settings, available by default for the user to manage. This is my go to charging mode. i use fast or super fast, only in emergencies, when i need my phone brought up quickly, but in the other cases i am slow charging. I charge overnight and in my general use, i get it 2 days use before i charge it again. This is how much i use the phone. make few phone calls, i take few photos, I do some light browsing, some whatsapp, and i have removed or disabled all and any apps i don't use. basically i am light user. 

Screenshot_20220507-135852_Device care.jpg

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

I disagree,

15 watts is fast charging. S22 Ultra identify it as fast charge. The 15 watts  charger says "Adaptive Fast Charge"

25 watts is Samsung Super Fast Charge 1.0

45 watts is Samsung Super Fast Charge 2.0

10 watts charging, is allowed by Samsung and it is achived by S22 ultra by disabling fast charge and super fast charge options is the regular charge, 0,5C charge.

Screenshot_20220507-135852_Device care.jpg

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes