Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra (Exynos) : strange issue black screen in Chrome / Edge

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 11:40 PM)
clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options

*** UPDATE: After following advice in here I'm currently using Firefox and this seems to help. Hopefully this means it's just a software issue that can be resolved in an update. ***

Random black screen in browser e.g. Chrome, Edge or Twitter app. Goes away if rotating phone to landscape & back, pressing the left App switching button, pressing power/lock and unlock again, or swiping from top. Especially happens when scrolling or on pages with video.

Have reinstalled, factory reset, cleared caches etc. Anyone else seen this?

57 REPLIES 57
Albert38
First Poster
Options

Same here. While using Chrome. The screen just goes black.

0 Likes
Members_4ZvsTBI
First Poster
Options

Mine does the same, I will wait and see after the update and hopefully this fixes it. 

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options

I have this issue too on chrome. Also noticed it when using slack as well. I reported it to Samsung using the members app. 

Peter 24 7
First Poster
Options

Mine doing this too.  I am using Edge so not just a problem with Chrome. But Edge too is Chromium based so may be an issue. Disappointing we are being made to feel our device is quirky after spending huge sums of money buying it. Come on Samsung, read the comments and find the problem and fix it!

Surrealer
First Poster
Options

Same here...

Can anyone confirm other apps that are not chrome / edge with the same glitch?

0 Likes
clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options
Twitter. I've not noticed it elsewhere but someone mentioned Slack?
0 Likes
Andrei123456
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue as mentioned on my Samsung S22 Ultra. Hope they fix it soon

0 Likes
Members_u7mZFbd
First Poster
Options

Same thing happens to my new S22 Ultra. I also get lag, jittery scrolling, and sometimes flickering. The main camera is worse than the S21 Ultra I am trading in, especially in low light - so much for Nightography. I hope a swiftly delivered software update fixes these issues because I am so disappointed with this phone.

0 Likes
JoshB2110
First Poster
Options

This fixed my chrome issue

0 Likes
Solution
Andyc7
Apprentice
Options

Another poster in a different thread (Iphone McGee) advised to type Chrome://flags into chrome and disable 'Android SurfaceControl'.

This has done the trick for me and have had no issues since, worth a go until Samsung acknowledge it and provide an update.