Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra demand could outstrip supply

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 09:48 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Demand for the S22 series, particularly the S22 Ultra could outstrip supply and some users may have to wait up to 3 months to get one.

See..

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra could be out of stock for months

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-could-be-out-of-stock-for-months

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
22 REPLIES 22
unoriginalaf
Journeyman
Options
I pre ordered mine the minute they went live on the EE store. You're only waiting 3 months if you're slow 🤷
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@unoriginalaf 

You ordered a carrier branded phone via EE, then and not the stock Samsung, non-carrier branded, model?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
Mines coming 25feb 1tb phantom white s22 ultra
Can't wait to give my 10yr old my galaxy fold 3
0 Likes
LMay
Navigator
Options
I haven't ordered mine yet but I better be quick. I want the Ultra in matte black. The price plans on EE are surprisingly good.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Bear in mind that the carrier branded devices will be slower to receive updates than the stock, non-branded, Samsung S22's and will not be eligible to take part in  the Android 13 Beta Test releases later this year.

You have been warned. 

unoriginalaf
Journeyman
Options
Carrier branded? You must be American. They're normal samsung phones, just sold along with the sim card and paid off on a 24 month contract
0 Likes
unoriginalaf
Journeyman
Options
Yeah i was pleasantly surprised. New phone + unlimited 5g for less than I was paying before.
LMay
Navigator
Options
You get a monthly discount with trade in and free galaxy buds😃, you can't complain. The phones future proof for the duration of a 24 month contract and probably longer.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@unoriginalaf 

"Carrier branded? You must be American. They're normal samsung phones, just sold along with the sim card and paid off on a 24 month contract"

No, I am British and know what I am talking about.

Five CSC codes, which determine which firmware release you receive.  apply to the U.K. as follows...

BTU = Samsung stock firmware, unbranded

EVR = EE/BT carrier branded network device

VOD = Vodafone carrier branded network device

O2U = O2 carrier branded network device

H3G = Three carrier branded network device

As we have seen on the S20 and S21 devices, the carrier branded models can take up to 3 weeks longer to receive firmware updates and were not eligible for Beta Test releases.