Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Contact List Update Issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 12:20 PM)
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options

I got the issue on the contact list that it cannot be able to update. Neither add nor delete the contact. It would jump back to the home page. I would got the issue of "android.process.acore" keeps stopping message.

It appears since Nov, 2022. 

Anyone has this issue? Thanks.

Galaxy S22 Ultra 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ChrisP88
Options

@Members_gc We are aware of this issue with the contacts app affecting other users. This can generally be fixed by simply clearing the Cache Data for the contacts app on your phone.

To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Select the menu icon in the top right-hand corner > Show System Apps > Select the app > Storage > Clear Cache Data.  

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options
When go to Setting > Apps, I can only see three options below
Permission manager
Special access
Reser app preferences
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

Do you see a list of all the apps on your device as you scroll down?

0 Likes
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I can see the app "Contacts"
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

Ok, good. After you select Contacts scroll down to and select Storage then Clear Cache in the bottom right. 

0 Likes
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options
We tried to clear the cache in Contact before but it cannot help
ChrisP88
Options

Sometimes, the android.process.acore has stopped errors can be caused due to sync issues with Facebook. So, try stopping the sync for Facebook and other related apps like Facebook Messenger.

Also, please check for any updates to the apps on your phone.

0 Likes
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options

Before this, I already tried to "off" sync and remove the accounts in the mobile (Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts), such as Facebook, Google, Messenger and etc but they cannot help. I saw some users have this issue and Samsung Store replied "applying fix" on it, but I wait and wait, and no further update. That's why I eventually make the decision to ask here, and check anybody else has this issue after the update at November. 

0 Likes
Members_gc
Journeyman
Options

Eventually the issue is fixed by clearing cached data, then wipe the cache partition as well.

0 Likes