Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra contact less payments

(Topic created on: 24-09-2022 10:18 AM)
Crawshaw09
Pioneer
Options
Hi
I have just received a Google pop up saying I can no longer do contact payments?
I need to update to the most current software?

I'm up to date on everything, anyone else got this??
25 REPLIES 25
Crawshaw09
Pioneer
Options
Here's the pop upScreenshot_20220924-101818_Google Play services_1000000284_1664011184.jpg
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you upgrade to Android 13 Beta? If yes, Google pay is not working yet on the Beta version. You might need to revert to the latest update for Android 12 (AVI3) or wait for the stable version of 13.

0 Likes
Crawshaw09
Pioneer
Options
Nope I'm not enrolled on any beta programme
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you root your phone? 

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you install any recent app? Did you root the phone?

You can check on Google Play, Open Google play, tap on the circle with your initial, tap "play protect" and tap "scan". Alternatively, if you have an antivirus installed check with it and also check that it might not be blocking google pay.

0 Likes
Crawshaw09
Pioneer
Options
Nope not rooted
0 Likes
asbo81
First Poster
Options
Same here. Not rooted, no beta, play scan all clear but my phone doesnt meet security requirements. Android version 12
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try clearing gpay app data and cache in hope it resolves the error 

0 Likes
MrRye
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue on my S22 Ultra. I received a prompt saying my device doesn't meet security requirements on 24 September.

Followed all the troubleshooting, everything updated, not rooted, Google Play Protect Certified, everything cleared / restarted/ reinstalled - still not meeting the security requirements.

It must be something be something behind the scenes. Hopefully it's sorted soon - last thing anyone wants is to use Samsung Pay (lol).

0 Likes