Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra, cannot move my texts from s9

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 01:50 PM)
KathyBart
Student
Options

Hey all,

Just got the S22 ultra today... spent 2 hours @verizon trying to transfer my files.

Everything moved, photos, phone, apps... but my text messages did not move. I have texts from a couple people from 2019, 2020..nothing current.

I tried using the smart switch in the verizon store, what looked like everything moved... but text did not. I use Textra, but I can easily switch back to messages, if I need to.

I also downloaded SMS backup and restore, thought everything moved, but again... text messages did not...

I am getting very frustrated, have not gone to bed, and I am about to throw my phone against a wall and say screw it. In truth, I wanted this phone, but no second guessing myself. My husband got his iphone 13, and everything moved for him

Please can anyone help me. There are texts, from friends that have since passed away, and I do not want to lose those..

3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Smart Switch for PC and just back up the texts from your old phone and restore to new phone.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@rhysbsillie: For reference, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your previous phone using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, click on the Backup tab, and follow the on screen prompts. After this, connect your S22 Ultra, click on the Restore tab, select the relevant backup via the drop down option towards the top of the screen, and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes
KathyBart
Student
Options

After back up my s9, it ended up being Textra messaging did not move all my tests. We looked at the default Messages and my texts were there. I Uninstaller Textra, reinstalled it and all is good....CASE CLOSED, I'm happy

0 Likes