Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra camera crashing

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 08:41 PM)
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else had an issue with their S22 Ultra restarting when you open the camera? It's done it to me a few times now.
105 REPLIES 105
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Mine hasn't crashed once since the update. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Members_HOkys1O
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Guess I'm waiting for an update

0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Check in your settings, it may be waiting to download.
0 Likes
RONIN_22
First Poster
Options

So having the same problem with the camera crashing at start up and taking  pictures of something up close giving me the camera fail error. It seems to be jumping around as if it cant make up its mind on which lens to use . Selfie has not been an issue as of yet, but I don't really take any. For those of you that have the issue getting into recovery, it might be different for Exnyos Vs Snapdragon (I am guessing). I have SnapDragon and Volume down and power will just reset phone (this is used when the phone freezes and will not work and needs to be hard reset). To enter recovery mode, hold volume up and power button once Samsung screen comes up you can release and it will bring you to the menu. Then use the buttons scroll down to repair aps press power and will complete the process. 

This process did not work for me. It has for some (Still recommend to try it), but not for me. What I believe is the issue is the scene optimizer. I turned it off as someone further back on this thread did and it worked for them, so far has worked for me. It still has a hesitation to it but no crashing . Personal I believe that it is software due to using it ExpertRaw and it does not have any issues when using the camera app. 

Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

i never had this camera flip and freeze issue, i am using the s22 ultra, exynos 2200.

However i have another issue - not good focus issue by cameras, the phone was never hit or fallen never got wet more than few drops on the screen. I am  using legitimate software -the genuine sansung camera app, i installed from the samsung store, and i updated camera app from samsung store to see if it fixes the issue - it does not. Please assist.  thank you

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

20220405_190105.jpg

20220405_185724.jpg

The S22 Ultra camera has improved with the 1st of April patch. Exynos 2200, Android 12, One UI 4.1, April 1st update.

0 Likes
Redoslaw
Journeyman
Options

Here's what is happening in my case.

When I'm taking pictures with 30+ zoom, camera app suddenly "frezze"  the phone.

Sometimes I can close it down, sometimes phone is rebooting after ~1 min.

I have it since 2 days... ofcourse I've done factory reset - didn't help.

I've also installed newest software - also didn't help.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Replace it under warranty service

0 Likes
jblanchardhomes
Apprentice
Options

sounds so easy, right?  I have been fighting with them since March 7th.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

@jblanchardhomes 
What? Really? i am very surprised of what you say....
Can you file a complaint with authorities? 
In my country we have a special authority for cases like this called customers protection committee. If a company is reluctant to assist, we file a complaint, to this authority and ask the committee  for assistance, usually this means to use lawful and legal means to force the misbehaving company to comply, like it or not. Check what authorities you have in your country with the same or similar scope of actions and file complaint against Samsung in that authority, asking for help. Tell them you have obviously defective device, show them the defects, tell them that you tried the self help and self troubleshooting advice from samsung but did not help, and tell them than you told samsung that you tried their advice and did not helped, and you asked warranty replacement of the faulty device and tell them you are denied warranty replacement. Authorities will handle your case for you and authorities will force samsung to comply and replace the device for you.

Try this. i honestly and sincerely wish that his helps you. 

0 Likes