Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra camera crashing

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 02:15 AM)
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else had an issue with their S22 Ultra restarting when you open the camera? It's done it to me a few times now.
105 REPLIES 105
nidhar99
First Poster
Options

Got my S22 Ultra last week (traded my old one). Everything was working fine for a couple of days until yesterday. My front camera has stopped working. Just showing the message - "Warning: Camera Failed". Can't video call anyone, can't use apps like Snapchat anymore. It's super-frustrating.

0 Likes
Solution
Dallasfever
Apprentice
Options

Go into Recovery mode. Press and hold down the Volume Down button and keep holding it, then press and hold the Power button as well for a few seconds, and let go when you see the Android mascot on its back on screen. 

Go into “Recovery Mode” as we guide you at the start. Find “Repair Apps,” which is usually located at the end of the list. Press the power button to select “Repair Apps,” and unlike the first process where you don’t have the option to confirm or deny with a Yes or No. After choosing this, the phone will reboot, and once it's back on, you will see “Optimizing apps” and the number of apps that your phone has show on the screen (depending on the version of your software). Once the whole process is over, you can start putting your PIN into the phone and start using it just like nothing happened "hopefully"  

Michael-CY
Apprentice
Options

I am sure that the developers will come with a new update soon. 

Don't worry. 

0 Likes
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
This seems to have solved the issue. Thanks so much for your help.
Ther619
First Poster
Options

Have a problem with my frontal camera when using it on video chat it stays on for a minute and camera turns off. Also wheb trying to take selfies the frontal camera laggs. If i move it looks like ik moving slow motion. Something i found just yesterday  was i took out my sim card videochated with a friend and did not have any issues with the camera. Im wondering if i need to get a new sim card so it will  fix the frontal camera problem.  So check sim cards!!

0 Likes
Michael-CY
Apprentice
Options

Hello Ther619, 

I would suggest to wait a few days for the bug fix. I guess Samsung is already working on the issue.

Please be patients.  

0 Likes
Members_Dreqe2g
Apprentice
Options

1 week on and still no replacement,  as I have no previous experience of Samsung is this typical. The customer service is mediocre. No one can tell me when I'm getting my phone, should I just cancel? 

0 Likes
Members_qkuV6To
First Poster
Options

Yes, happened twice. 512gb model from the UK

Debbymilly
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes since last night. Seems to be for me when switching from front to back camera or vice versa. Resets and then gets stuck on the Samsung logo for ages.

Debby
Dallasfever
Apprentice
Options

Read through the thread. There's a fix on the thread.