Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra camera crashing

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 03:35 PM)
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else had an issue with their S22 Ultra restarting when you open the camera? It's done it to me a few times now.
105 REPLIES 105
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
I just took a picture at 100x zoom and straight away my phone rebooted. I hope it's fixed soon.
lilbluerob06
First Poster
Options

Yes!    I have done a factory reset twice and it's still doing it.    Mainly does it in the camera app, but I was also using the spen and it would freeze then restart.    Also the left side of the phone would get pretty hot 

Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
I've done a soft reset and it was OK for a bit, but it's doing it again. I've just sent an error report using the help section on here. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
0 Likes
dogdayz1215
Student
Options

Yes!!  I couldn't take pics of my daughters first concert today!  So mad!  

I have tried restarting, turning off and on, clearing the cache, it won't work in safe mode either.  Im currently doing a hard reset.  I haven't even had this phone for 24 hours!

Factory reset is finished, just downloading my apps from the cloud and the camera still doesn't work.  

Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
You don't expect it from a brand new phone, do you?
They need to fix it sharpish.
BartekBej
Journeyman
Options

Today has been placed update for s22 ultra - unfortunately, the camera still freeze under uhd60 with stabilization. The display issue has been resolved but the camera still freeze 

Members_Dreqe2g
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I got mine on Tuesday and the camera is unusable...

Basically snap a photo, the screen freezes and the phone crashes and reboots.

Needless to say its on its way back for a replacement. 

I'm now a bit worried as I have used  Huawei for quite a few years and this is my first Samsung 

Members_Dreqe2g
Apprentice
Options
Wilko54
Pioneer
Options
I used my old phone for trade-in and it's already back with Samsung. If it is a hardware issue with the Ultra I'm screwed as I'll have no phone.
I've sent numerous error logs, so maybe they can fix it if it's a software issue.
Solution
Dallasfever
Apprentice
Options
  • What worked for me was Repair Apps on bootup.

•   Everytime I would flip the camera to do a selfie the camera would fail.  I powered down phone.  Held the up button powering on and let go when you see a list.  Scroll down to repair apps.   That worked for me. 

A short term fix was clearing cache and data. But as soon as I went to take another selfie the camera would fail. 

Now I can take selfies again and things seem to be working. 

Hope this helps.