Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Blurry Photos

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 04:18 PM)
pokey110
Journeyman
Options
Hi all

I've had the S22 Ultra for 3 months now and i've noticed that when i try and take pictures of my receipts on a flat surface, they are blurry when using 108mp. If i switch to 3:4 the receipt is clearer. 

I have taken the same picture with my partners A52 5g and the receipt is clear.

** I now think the issue is to do with the latest update**

Can anyone advise if i am doing something wrong, or is there an issue with the camera. Is an update required ? 

I have attached 2 pictures.

Any advise is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Paul

S22 Ultra 108mpS22 Ultra 108mpS22 Ultra 3:4S22 Ultra 3:4

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
mmachick
First Poster
Options
Tiny bit of blue tac holds it for little bit tape tears them not great b careful taking off tho
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It helps items stick to a surface so the receipt will lie fully flat and will give a better photo shot.
0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options
The issue isn't with the receipt laying flat. I can take a picture using 108mp and its blurry but if I change the camera to 3:4 it's not. If I use my partners A52 5g, the receipt isn't blurry and that's with a 64mp camera. Why is it blurry using 108mp ?
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @pokey110. I'm not sure whether you've had a chance to consult the guide below but, just in case you haven't, I'd recommend following the suggested steps, and let us know whether they enable you to get a clearer shot of your close-up objects (e.g. the receipts you have enclosed):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-my-galaxy-phone-camera-does-not-focu...

0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options
Hi @PaulM1 I've reset the camera and the receipts are still not clear using 108mp camera.
0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options
After reading lots of other posts, I believe the issue may be to do with the latest update
0 Likes
Rizer
Journeyman
Options
My s22u takes horrible pictures. Washed out and blurry. Mine is the exynos version with latest update.
0 Likes
Dcash29
First Poster
Options
The phone camera is shite 🤬. But more importantly is Samsung getting off their ***** to sort it?
0 Likes
kamakoakealani
First Poster
Options

I believe I have discovered the solution to this problem.  I also battled with this issue until I did a little research on the types of lenses that are on this phone.  The 1X lens is an f1.8 aperture.  That is a very wide lens which can have a very shallow depth-of-field.  This is the effect of having the thing right in the middle focused while things a little ways out can be completely blurry.  This is how fashion magazines make the models eyes in focus while the ears are blurry.  It turns out this effect is more pronounced the closer you get to your subject.  This fix for this issue is to either move the phone away from the item being scanned and zoom in OR you can turn on "Focus Enhancer".  This feature will have the effect of removing the bokeh effect and making the entire page clearly focused.  I've attached two Scan Photos at the same distance, about 12" away, and all other settings equal except Focus Enhancer.  Note how the top left and bottom right corners are blurry with Focus Enhancer OFF.

Focus Enhancer OFF:

Focus Enhancer OFFFocus Enhancer OFF

Focus Enhancer ON

Focus Enhancer ONFocus Enhancer ON

0 Likes