Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra battery life?

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 06:57 AM)
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Has anyone else noticed a huge downgrade in battery life since oneui 5.0? Particularly since the January update? I am a heavy user and used to get to bed with 10-15% left in my s22 Ultra around 10pm, and I haven't changed my usage habits and the phone has been dying constantly before bed around 9! That's like a 20% downgrade, am I the only one? 
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Dave123456789: If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery, then tap on the usage graph, is anything listed in the summary at the bottom of the screen that stands out as using a higher than expected amount of battery? In the meantime, please take a look at the steps below to improve your overall battery life.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mibe has been on par with the previous update @Dave123456789 however we all use our phone's differently, use different apps and launchers and themes etc.

Have you noticed anything different in your Battery and Device Care under battery to see what's using your battery more ?

Have you noticed if Network Signal has dipped as this can make the phone work harder to maintain connection.

Run the optimisation tool in your Battery and Device Care Section.

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Vicky7
First Poster
Options

I have done all of this, and more per forums and nothing has helped. Your options shouldn't be having to start your phone from scratch or putting up with terrible battery life after a formal update. Unacceptable Samsung!