Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra battery drain after 9th July update

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 12:21 PM)
H-Bomb
Journeyman
Options
After updating my 6 week old s22 ultra on the 9th of July my battery has begun draining extremely fast. I am no longer getting 1 day plus usage. I am now running out of battery around 4-5pm (always on battery saver mode). It is terrible. Please can this be resolved somehow.? I have run diagnosis and the sc4een isn't on "always on". Nothing has changed other than the installation of the recent update.
22 REPLIES 22
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Clear the phone cache. Otherwise not much it can be done but to wait for it all to stabilise 

0 Likes
Salman Shah
First Poster
Options

How do i clear phone cache? 

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Hi. I have been a samsung phones owner for a long time. Usually I do tweak my phones, that means I do remove any animations, I always keep a dark wallpaper and obviously not a live one as eats alot of battery.
I set up the auto restart to be done automatically every night and I keep my device always updated. There's nothing you can really do as you got a really nice display that eats most of your battery. Also, the samsungs bloatwares are quite a pain in the a*s. 😅
0 Likes
H-Bomb
Journeyman
Options
I appreciate your comment, but it has drastically dropped since the update with no difference in usage . There must be something that's changed. At least 30% battery drain
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @H-Bomb 

After a full cycle of usage can you go into your phone's Device Care section and tap on Battery to show what's been using your apps.

Screenshot that section also using the scroll capture option to show All the apps being used and include your phone's top status bar and post that here in your thread please.

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb Exynos soc is on the latest July software update also and I'm not experiencing any drastic Battery drain.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
H-Bomb
Journeyman
Options
I dont seem to be able to post a screenshot on here
0 Likes
H-Bomb
Journeyman
Options
27% batter by midday today 6-12. 31% BBC sounds app 15% Spotify. Everything else under 3%. This is normal usage for me. No other app usage, no videos. Just radio audio streaming. The pho e is also set to battery saver.This would normally last until night at least. It's absolutely terrible and it happend over night with no useage changes
0 Likes
Nigie
Student
Options

I took the update whilst on holiday and had no access to a laptop to plug in my phone and clear the cache partition. All holiday the battery drain since the release was awful. 

Anyhow I returned home last Thursday and cleared the cache partition and it has made no difference whatsoever. 

I agree completely with the original poster. Battery life is significantly worse since that update. I have to charge the phone mid day, which I have never done so before. Don't get me wrong, this phone has always had a poor battery life, but it's now unacceptable. 

My useage habits have not changed, phone is well optimised. I have a software testing business so am dealing with performance and optimising issues every day, so I certainly know how to get the best from my phone. Nothing changed other than this upgrade so it is definitely that causing the problem. No change in apps or their battery life reporting. Most apps show very low percent consumption. I can only assume the "not shown" battery drain is due to the phone firmware.