Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra April update - anyone experienced any battery issues after?

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 11:17 PM)
Msi88
Pioneer
Options

Has anyone experienced any battery issues after the latest update. I believe it made my one worse.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ladmehul
Journeyman
Options

Too early to comment but I feel it has improved my device performance and battery.

I will monitor for few days and see how it goes.

Members_hM6rBEK
Explorer
Options

Early days but mine feels more responsive and cooler under load.  Try do the wipe cache partition trick.  I always do this after an update now and it seems to help.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same here, I think it's snappier than before, mind you I have not had any issues everyone else is experiencing
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Funny you mention that @Msi88 ... yes, I have. Whereas up to a few days ago, it would have no trouble with finishing a day from 85% at the start with 30-40% at bed time (the phone isn't moving around much)... now it's tending to fall around 20% or less. No new apps or updates since the April 2022 update.

Play services seems the main consumer of my battery.

0 Likes
deurces
First Poster
Options

I usually don't post replies on Samsung Forums but I noticed this topic after googling.

My phone has been worse in terms of battery life after April update. Before in March update the phone would not drain battery in Google Play Services. In April update I get drains in Google Play Services that drastically messes up the idle drain. I removed the cache and temporary files after update but problems persist.

The very weird part is that even when my work profile is turned off, that I also get drains in Work Profile processes such Google Play Services. So there are two processes draining the battery both Google Play Services, even when work profile is turned off.

I would say this is not a coincidence if @SmallFish is also mentioning the same process I mentioned. It became so worse that during Saturday my phone was already 30% not halfway through the day. I had to put it in airplane mode to mitigate the services usage.

Msi88
Pioneer
Options
Thanks mate seemed like was the only one.
Lewis1
Apprentice
Options

No improvement. Only way I manage to get more than a few hours of use is by turning on battery optimisation. Which basically disables all the functions one gets a flagship model for. 

0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Same here, Google Play Services drains battery a lot. Check the Location Manager - I described the issue here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-base-system-ui-location-usage/m-p/5162296/... , that might be responsible for high idle drain.

0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Personally I'm amazed by the battery on mine. 

Charged it overnight last night, unplugged maybe 8am this morning.

Used it throughout the day for note taking during meetings using the s pen, watching some videos, chatting a bit on WhatsApp, and just general browsing etc.

This evening I setup my work profile on it, installed a load of apps (onenote and some company specific apps), made some more notes, more WhatsApp, and also loaded fortnite briefly (didn't play it, but running for maybe 10 minutes.

It's now 11pm, so off charge for approximately 15 hours, and currently at 42%. 

I've not set anything specific up for battery saving, all standard settings. 

0 Likes