Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra Apps Randomly Closing, Performance Issues SOLVED

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 12:49 PM)
liam85
Apprentice
Options

SOLVED: Check update below

Follow on from previous post: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-has-become-a-buggy-slow-mess/td-p/57...
Figured a new post would get more traction and be pushed to the top of feeds.

Following on from that explanation of problems, I have not factory reset the phone yet to potentially fix the problems but did a bit of digging around on the phone.

It seems that after reluctantly signing into my Samsung account and using the Galaxy Wearables app to try and set up my Watch4, a few of the phones sensors just do not work anymore, even after restarting the device. Location does not work properly and Google Maps cannot find out where I am and create direction routes and the proximity sensor does not work which I think is used when turning the phone screen off when answering calls. The battery life is also quite poor now and the phone seems to get rather hot resulting in even shorter battery life.

I have no idea if these are related to the performance issued previously mentioned and the random closing of apps named ghost touch that prevents you from using the app at all. I did also find that clearing the RAM fixed some of the ghost touch issues and allowed some apps to stay open and load and work usually OK.

Factory reset is next, we'll see if that fixes any of these issues.

UPDATE: I did more tinkering

I found that the source of the problem is the sneaky additional app called the Galaxy Watch4 Manager that causes all of these problems. It is pretty much a virus. Uninstalling it made the device work properly again. Shame as I can't use my Samsung Watch4 Classic as the phone needs this app to connect to it and for the watch to work at all. I guess I'll try and report this to Samsung and see if they will fix it. I'd assume they would like to since this is their flagship phone. Right?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
liam85
Apprentice
Options

All was fixed without a factory reset. Resetting all app preferences in the Apps settings fixed the watch connection issues and the Watch 4 Manager issues. Just have to deal with sorting out notification settings for my apps again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
liam85
Apprentice
Options

All was fixed without a factory reset. Resetting all app preferences in the Apps settings fixed the watch connection issues and the Watch 4 Manager issues. Just have to deal with sorting out notification settings for my apps again.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm glad you managed to find a solution to your issue @liam85  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GeovannyF
Journeyman
Options

Please provide more information as I have tons of apps.
How did you get there and what specifically did you do.
I have adobe,work,teams,excel,Google email, outlook etc.
Thank you.

0 Likes