Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra apps all freezing

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 05:30 AM)
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Nearly all my apps are freezing upon opening and shutting down. Keeps saying it is a Cache issue however I have performed all the recommended fixes, and nothing works. It says a lot of the apps have bugs and to wait for an update for them. They all worked fine after the UI 5 Update which was a few days ago so seems odd. Anyone else have this same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dain1
Explorer
Options

I've fixed it. Uninstall the secure folder on the phone and it fixes it immediately. I can't believe that Samsung tech and others who are apparent experts have not been able to tell me this.

View solution in context

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried the ram plus ?? As the app could all be fighting for their own bit of phone memory.
Goto settings and search for ram plus and increase the available ram.
0 Likes
Dain1
Explorer
Options

I have that on with 8gb of extra ram activated. Has not rectified the issue

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Do you know what is causing the problem??
Find out what is happening with your apps in the device care and, if possible, make some of the sleep and see if that helps.
Dain1
Explorer
Options

Hi Pete. Tried that too and it has put some apps to deep sleep but even after uninstalling them and running phone again still have apps crashing on me. Chat support has tried a few things and that doesn't work either. Their recommendation was a factory reset. I really don't want to do that every time i have an issue with an app. I've never ever had to do a factory reset on a phone before so having the latest flagship model I really shouldn't have to do that.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
So in other words.. We have to be mobile phone technical experts to use £1000+ phone...

Simple terms pay your hard earned money and buy a headache (that's what I did)

Honest to God guys...genuinely honest to God... Only after I bought this Samsung S22 Ultra, I learned something call Cache and how to clean it

9+ years with Apple I never never never knew such things or did any "cleaning" by myself

Mmm I will never make this stupid decision in my life again

Hope someone will help you.. I have no technical knowledge to help you
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

Does it happen with all the apps? Some more things that you could give a try:

Boot the phone in Safe mode. Does the issue occur then? If not, then it could be one of recently installed apps that could be responsible.

Repair the apps. This option is available in the same menu as clearing cache partition.

You could then also give the Good Gaurdians > Galaxy App Booster a try.

Next option is to uninstall an app and reinstall it. Check if this helps resolve the issue.

Dain1
Explorer
Options

Hi Neo, No not all apps, weather app, email apps, real estate apps dont work to name a few. facebook and insta and a few others all work fine. play store opens fine but galaxy store is temperamental. I will try the safe mode option as well and get back to everyone. thanks

Dain1
Explorer
Options

Safe mode has not worked. email app still crashed. Galaxy store won't open so can't download that app. Have uninstalled a number of the apps and has not changed anything

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I can understand your frustration buddy,
Another thing I have seen here (unfortunately very often) factory reset... Not sure whether it's too drastic