Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra and Android Auto

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 05:37 PM)
Rumbie
Apprentice
Options
Please help 🙏 😢 

I vae recently bought a new VW Caddy 22 plate. My S22 ultra refuses to launch the android auto app. It will recognise that my phones there through USB, blutooth for calls and music works perfectly but simply won't start AA.

I have unistalled and reinstalled using the original cable from the box and deleted data and reinstalled app

My wife has a s21 FE and that works perfectly every time.

Please help me as this is getting extremely annoying now 🙄 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Hello mate. So, from what do I know volskwagen cars got that problem, they are in quite a bad relationship with android auto. Anyway, you can try to make sure that you are running the latest version of the android auto, and other apps connected to it, like Google services. You can also try to re-pair it. In the worst scenarios, if nothing works, try to reset everything from the scratches, including any bluetooth settings. Or just drop a visit to your dealership and tell em about your problem. Good luck!
AndrewL
Options

@Rumbie: Have you run through the setup for Android Auto via Settings > Advanced features > Android Auto? When doing this, I recommend connecting your Galaxy S22 Ultra to your car's system via USB cable for stability purposes, and making sure to accept any requested permissions. If the issue persists, try connecting to another compatible car system, or checking for any available updates for your VW system via their website. 

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I've the a similar problem with AA. After it was working fine, it could not open it. I tried to open Maps and it said that AA did not support that application. Eventually, it got resolved. It was a permission issue. After updating the phone and AA some permissions have to be allowed. Check that the phone is not asking for some permissions either for Maps, AA or related app.

0 Likes
Rumbie
Apprentice
Options
Thanks I'll have a look. Seems a reoccurring issue on S22 ultras from what I can gather
0 Likes
johno2512
First Poster
Options
Since the last software update everything should be working. All I had to do was buy a USB c to USB 3 adaptor and use the supplied Samsung cable. I've had no problems and everything is now working as it should (I own a skoda octavia vrs, so same car family as OP)
Rumbie
Apprentice
Options
Still not working for me annoyingly
0 Likes
Flakianos
Journeyman
Options

i have the same problem.

I tried connecting my MIB3 (vag infotainment system) with S22Ultra with no luck.

I tried with a galaxy S20+ and with Galaxy flip3 without any problem. 

Also Apple carplay with an iphone 6  still no problem.

Please do something about Galaxy S22 .  Today i update to android 13 , but still the same problem

I even reset my phone AND my CAR to factory settings still the same problem.

S22+ VAG MIB3 infotainment systems are problematic AF

Flakianos
Journeyman
Options

i have the same problem.

I tried connecting my MIB3 (vag infotainment system) with S22Ultra with no luck.

I tried with a galaxy S20+ and with Galaxy flip3 without any problem. 

Also Apple carplay with an iphone 6  still no problem.

Please do something about Galaxy S22 .  Today i update to android 13 , but still the same problem

I even reset my phone AND my CAR to factory settings still the same problem.

S22+ VAG MIB3 infotainment systems are problematic AF

0 Likes
Rumbie
Apprentice
Options
Yep I've just updated. Still the same issue annoying AF
0 Likes