Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra and 45W Samsung Charger

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 11:19 AM)
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The charger works well but the USB-C cable provided does not hold very well to the phone. Any light movement and the cable come off the phone. So much for “Use only Samsung-approved battery, charger, and cable specifically designed for your device.

Samsung needs to go back to designed board because the cable is not the best. They should be forced to make the devices down to specification in the same way they are forcing the USB-C charging port. So, manufacturer cannot use the “approved” just a way of forcing their own products which are not as good as they should be.

15 REPLIES 15
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That shouldn't happen. Go to Samsung store and let them replace it 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
USB-C is a widespread standard, Samsung are just using the most up to date. Whilst it can be inconvenient right now, you can get quality 3rd party cables and chargers which work absolutely fine for 45W charging on Samsung devices at a fraction of Samsung official chargers. I use an unofficial 3rd party 45W charger with an extended 3M USB-C cable and it charges identically to my official 45W Samsung charger and cable.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I also have a 100W PD 3rd party charger that works, but interestingly Samsung does not report the PD like with its own charger, which it is nothing but Samsung detecting that it is not its own and making look worse.

Anyway, the point is that if Samsung is doing a charger (i.e EP-T4510XBEGGB) for its own device, then it should be absolutely flawless. The previous 45W charger was not designed for the S22, but this one was done exactly for the S22 series.

0 Likes
Joshkh
Pioneer
Options
How long have you had phone? If it is for a while, have you tried cleaning the charge section of your phone, for dirt,fluff build up,especially if constantly in your pocket,etc. Unless of course it has never been a good fit?
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
There is nothing in chargers or leads. A lead and charger will work.. Samsung are not apple they do not include a chip in there chargers or leads to tell the phone its a genuine Samsung lead or charger. You're confusing Samsung for apple.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It's never  been a good fit. My 3rd party charger has no problem at all. The connection is very tight.

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

If that it is the case, why does the S22 ultra recommended me to use a genuine Samsung Charger?

Samsung is not better than apple lately. They have been copying all the "bad" practices from Apple.

My S22 ultra does not report PD from my 3rd party charger despite to have it. I can even charge a Dell and Mac Book Pro with it.

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
It doesn't. I acually use a spigen charger on all my samsung devices. I have yet to have any issues. All it states is a Samsung certified charger. There are loads of chargers from 3rd party's that are certified by samsung. Including spigen.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It doesn't. What?

My S22 Ultra did warn me about using a proper charger and when using the Samsung charger it reports superfast charging with PD  and it does not with the 3rd party one. On top of that it reports that the 100W charger takes several minutes more (around 10) than the Samsung one.

0 Likes