Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Split screen quesrion

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 11:16 PM)
robablob
Explorer
Options
Hi

I've upgraded from an S9 to an S22. On my S9, if I had 2 apps open in split screen view, I was able to easily change the app in one of the splits by selecting the Home button. This would minimise one of those splits whilst keeping the other open and show the home screen in that split so that I could choose to open another app in that split. On my S22, this method does not work (it closes both splits) and I can't find any way of changing one of the apps in split screen without closing both and splitting the screen again

So my question is there a way to easily change one of the apps open in split screen without having to create a new split screen view every time? I've read loads of articles online but none talk about this. Please not, creating a split combination in Edge menu is not a suitable solution.

Thanks
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
zimma71
Voyager
Options
Thats there update mate ..
You aint seen nothing yet .. lol
Wait till its 11am and your phones gone flat or it takes 4 hours to charge ..
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @robablob 

That is how Split Screen works as far as I'm aware now.

I often make app pairs if I use two apps together regularly.

I appreciate that's not a solution for your individual wants and needs.

I however agree being able to switch one of the apps currently open in Split Screen would be useful.

Maybe send this as good feedback via your Samsung Members App.

I will too 👍

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

willjoe
Explorer
Options

Go ahead and open recent apps and long-press on the app's icon. After pressing for a few seconds, it should show you the split-screen option. Select the option, and the app will automatically be placed to the side.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
So the new One Ui 5 seems to offer a solution. When switched on via Labs menu, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen with 2 fingers and it allows you to change which app appears in one of the splits. It's quite funny that the Samsung Members app is not compatible with split screen view :smiling-face:
0 Likes