Options
I have had the S22 Ultra for some time now so here is my experience

Positives 
Good screen
good camera
some good functions
1tb memory

Negatives
Regular Signal dropping during calls, WiFi dropping etc. Too unstable for streaming e.g streaming radio programs as keep getting blank spots in important bits
Outlook crashing constantly and when Outlook crashes so do all office 365 apps even phone sometimes
Glitchy e.g slows down and throws wobblers occasionally etc so regular need for restarts and soft resets etc
Removal of SD Card slot

Done all the clear this clear that uninstall reinstall this and that resets etc etc and sick of it

So my verdict is I should have stuck with the S20+ and I will never buy a first release new model samsung phone again simply not worth the excessive cost and excessive effort for something that should be an improvement or if not at least make it work

Samsung and Microsoft need to understand the huge disruption and inconvenience involved by expecting users to do their bug testing and problem solving especially where factory resets are involved and if you release a bad update you should fix it straight away

What's your experience with new models?
9 REPLIES 9
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have the s22 and it's been a brilliant to be fair.
I've also got the s21 ultra but wanted a smaller phone plus I don't like where Samsung have gone with the s22 ultra (note).
Anyway my s22 has been a great little phone with no issues.
I do religiously perform a partition cache wipe after every software update and galaxy apps booster on all my Samsung phones and never had any problems to speak of 😊
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've never had a single issue with office and outlook apps and I use them multiple times daily.

Only time I restart mine is after a software update.

I never clear the cache.

My 256gb Ultra has been a solid phone with no issues other than a couple of apps that I waited on updates to rectify a couple of niggles, youtube as an example.

The only thing I'd like to see is a 6.1" version of the Ultra same spec get rid of the pen.. Samsung make a stupid amount of phone variants but not one to compeat with arguably the most popular phone and size iPhone 13 Pro.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PaulC59 

I really only clear my system cache partition files after a major software update.

I've had my phone from launch date and it's worked exemplary. 

Have you tried Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Samsung need user experience feedback so they can look into real world user issues so I'd urge anyone experiencing issues to send feedback and any applicable error reports via their Samsung Members App.

I'm sorry to hear of your user experiences and hope they improve for you as this phone in my opinion is a true workhorse.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your feedback. I have tried all of the usual methods, I can only conclude there is an ad hoc conflict somewhere on the phone but there doesn't seem to be a way of identifying the source. Possibly issues caused using switch to set up phone? I'll try safe mode see how it goes
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for the reply, I have done soft reset and wiped the system cache more than once as well as stopping apps clearing cache individually then uninstalling and reinstalling which seems to work for a short time but issues return. I think a full factory reset is probably the only realistic remaining option and reinstall apps one by one but that is a massive undertaking and messes up some apps such as authenticator etc. I think the option of a cheaper phone may be an idea for my important apps such as office etc until I can rely on the S22 as it stops me doing my job on the go when office won't work as I miss important communication etc. I still think buying latest models when released is a big risk due to bugs etc. I have always waited a year or so when they are much cheaper and mist bugs fixed so I can't see myself risking any new models. I hate iPhone so older androids are a better option. I have only used samsung android up to now so I can't speak for other brands. The best business phones I like were the Nokias, symbian I think but got ruined by windows
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Hopefully I can identify what's causing the problem. I wonder if its the corporate apps for work outlook accounts? Seems to go a lot worse after adding work accounts? I wonder if they change key settings etc that clash with the phone OS? I suspect I'll need a reset but reluctant as it's a nightmare setting everything back up. It's a shame you don't get error codes or reports that can identify offending apps etc
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I know what you mean having to reset it.. can you remove your corporate apps and try outlook, office without the add on apps?

If it's a business phone, put an IT ticket in at work and let them worry about it..
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the reply. It's a personal phone but I can add my work account to work on the go. Have never add these issues with my previous phones from S20 series backwards. Just the S22. I have put a ticket in to IT in case others have similar issues and it can warn them to avoid this phone model until its resolved as there are thousands of employees and just imaging if all had same issue? Yikes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Ps you can't add corporate accounts unless you surrender some settings in their account, it's for their security I think
0 Likes