Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 preorder refunded

(Topic created on: 19-02-2022 11:33 PM)
Charliemac103
First Poster
Options

So, I preordered the s22 on Feb 11th (estimated delivery march 11th), paid with samsung pay+. I just had a look at my bank account, and the payment was taken on the 12th. But then it was refunded on the 19th, with no new pending charge.

Looking at FAQs they say payments should only be taken when it's dispatched. The online order is still showing up, and I have no emails to suggest its cancelled.

Is the refund just because they shouldn't have taken payment, or should I look out for a cancellation email coming in soon? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My money has been taken already.
I'd suggest contacting Samsung customer support and finding out what has happened with your order.
Possible for some reason your order has been cancelled
Did you get a confirmation of your order, an order number?
What does it show on your online order status
0 Likes
Charliemac103
First Poster
Options
I've got an order confirmation email, and it's still showing as "processing" on my Samsung account. I have no idea why it would have been cancelled because my billing info is correct and there's no issue with my payment details (obviously, since they managed to take the money out).

I was planning on contacting the Web support, if I could get through because I've tried a couple times over the past few days and when I get to the top of the queue it just cuts off, but it's closed tonight and was wondering if anyone else has had it happen to them and knows whether their orders are either cancelled or still active.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sometimes I contact @SamsungHelpUK on twitter. You don't get a quick reply, but they can normally do a check and give you an answer to basic questions
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Charliemac103 

I pre ordered on the 9th of February and my bank ought a hold on the funds.

Not long after the hold was lifted , the money dropped back into my account and then Samsung took the payment the same day.

I'd suggest to persevere with calling the Samsung Online Team and or email then on support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Charliemac103: The Shop Team can also be reached on 0330 726 7467. I recommend reaching out to them directly, with your order number to hand, and an advisor will be able to clarify the current status of your order. 

0 Likes
Missycrosby
First Poster
Options

I've had the same thing happen to me. My order is still confirmed, scheduled to be here the 19th. It doesn't show I owe anything but the money's back in my account. I don't understand either what's going on. 

0 Likes
Charliemac103
First Poster
Options
I didn't do anything else with that, then I got an email stating it was delayed and would be here by March 25th. The phone arrived March 22nd so all turned out well for me
0 Likes
gilbertsetiawan
First Poster
Options

do they take the money back from your account? It's happening to me now preordering s23 ultra 😞

0 Likes
Charliemac103
First Poster
Options
I had a look back at my order history and it seems like the order didn't get cancelled! So unless you have a cancellation email from Samsung I'd say that your order probably stands and the money will come out again on dispatch
0 Likes