Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 plus back up before repairs

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 06:31 PM)
Samkma
Explorer
Options
My s22+ switches off randomly while making calls, error report sent and tech team found hardware issue. Now Samsung wants me to send phone for repairs. Will be left without a phone for 10 + days. 
S22+ (256GB) under 6 months old. 
How do I back up my phone before I send it off.?
Do I have to erase data and send a clean phone? 
Any similar experiences or should I ignore as its not a major serious issue ATM. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You csn enable maintenance mode Screenshot_20230106_183752_Android System.jpg
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Use smart switch and make a backup on your pc. You can also make a backup using Samsung cloud. And finally if on android 13 use maintenence mode and lock the phone so that tech support can work on it but have no access to your data 

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Are u in the UK? I got my s22 ultra repaired and it was done with Samsungs doorstep repairs, it was fixed within an hour.
Samkma
Explorer
Options
Thank you
Samkma
Explorer
Options
I am in UK. They asked for my postcode and said have send it. Maybe doorstep repair not available in my area.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I thought they done it for the full of the UK but I must be wrong. The only option would be is to send it in, if u have the s22 but there is a maintenance mode like tourbillon says, when mines was fixed I got my phone back without being reset and all my pictures all my apps etc still on the phone.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Back up your data to the cloud and use the maintenance mode in the settings which stops anymore looking and wiping all the data from it
Ghostdragon
Apprentice
Options
You can use the maintenance mode however maintenance mode is about data privacy not data retention. A back up is always a good option.