Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 PHONECALLS GARBLED AND CHOPPY

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 04:27 PM)
Corapop
First Poster
Options

My calls from my S22 when at home are garbled and choppy to the person on the other end. For the most part I hear the other side just fine, it occasionally has a blip of garbled/robot sound. This happens on both wifi and cellular service (metro by TMobile). It happened with my S20 as well, but I and I traded in thinking it had something to do with that phone. I can make a call with the S22 and it's nearly impossible to have any sort of conversation, then I call back the same person with my husband's S8 and the connection is fine. We are on the same plan.

I've tried

-resetting network settings on the s22

-restarting home router

-turning off baby monitor(not the wifi kind)

Because the S8 works fine, and the S22 and S20 has problems, I wonder if that points to a technological difference between the two being the culprit?

Any ideas greatly appreciated, I have a new baby at home with some medical complications and lots of incoming doctor calls I can't really have. Need to solve asap.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
The problem with taking calls and receiving calls/video calls is well noticed on the S22 down to the S20 devices so your not alone they. I moved from the S8+ has it had died on me, black screen and won't switch on or even charge to the S22ultra and to be honest wish I could still use my S8+. It was much better then this one.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had issues like this before years and years ago with my Blackberry and I called my carrier they fixed my issues.

You are on the UK Samsung community site, being that you're on Metro by TMobile I am guessing youre US users.

You may want to reach out on the US site and see if anyone else had the same issue and help
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You could try switching off WiFi calling if it's enabled providing you have a good cellular signal. What you are describing sounds like a data issue which can happen in VOIP or calling over WiFi. Hope this helps
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sorry my uk carrier is O2
0 Likes