Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22+ OneUI 5 sends SMS in background

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 09:16 AM)
Herzog31
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

after updating my S22+ to OneUI 5 with Android 13, it started to send text messages to 3031 in the background. Those are not visible in my messages app. I only noticed about this by checking the usage statistics of my mobile plan.

I removed permissions to SMS for every app, but the messages are still sent. According to the usage chart of my mobile plan they started suspiciously on the same date I updated to OneUI 5, so I assume it's some system thing.

Is there any way to disable these? They might incur cost if I'm abroad.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
panucci1
Apprentice
Options

Had an unpleasant call with Sunrise where they denied any responsibility, they told me to check with Samsung.

Samsung doesn't know anything about this issue apparently.

One day later Sunrise called me again an apologized for the unfriendly service - they refunded the SMS now.

At least it seems the SMS have stopped now - maybe because of an update. 🤷‍

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would have you phone checked out for malware or you phone been hacked as nothing is transmitting on my S22U

Best way to clear it is factory reset and do not use back to restore as you maybe restoring the malware

I am assume you information is correct as your phone should not be sending any sms. I would also contact your network provider and ask what these are? As it maybe a mistake on their behalf

Also dont download apps and games that have come from no playstore or Galaxy store, or any dubious developers this is not fullproof but better than getting issues later
0 Likes
MechMike
First Poster
Options

Hi,all,

I do have exactly the same issue with my brand new S22 Ultra/Android 13. The asesome Prepaid-Provider Aldi Mobile Switzerland does not have any clue or interest in finding the root causes. The money spent for these unauthorized background activities seems to be lost... Deactivated the inflicted 2nd SIM now.

Bitdefender did not find any virus or hack.

Would be nice to hear from Samsung responsables how to proceed.

• Thanks.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As mentioned earlier. Factory reset the phone. Careful what you then reinstall as at some point an app was installed that comprised the phone and then subscribed you to some paid for service

0 Likes
Onyme
Student
Options

Hi 

Exactly the same problem with me.. Are you in Switzerland ? My mobile company is Sunrise (yallo). Have you guys been charged for this ?

Thanks 

panucci1
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here with Sunrise Prepaid (Switzerland) - since updating my phone on 9. November it has sent 27 SMS to the number 3031 and it has cost me CHF 5.40 of my prepaid amount. I called Sunrise and they offered to block "Premium SMS" - didn't help but they said nothing else they can do for me.

Herzog31
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm, I'm using Sunrise in Switzerland as well. Called them and they did not know where the SMS are coming from. Factory reset did not help. SMS are sent even without any additional app installed, I tried this state for a few days and used another phone instead.

Currently I see a pattern that the SMS are sent in a pack of 5, every second day, usually immediately in the morning when I turn on my phone.

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Then the number seem comprised and enrolled for some third party service. Change the sim/provider and still factory reset 

0 Likes
AdrianDP
First Poster
Options

Hii

I have exactly the same issue, after updating the phone to the new android version, it sends me the same sms. I have a S22 Plus with yallo as service Provider... Did u find any solution?

Cheers 

panucci1
Apprentice
Options

Still haven't found a solution - still paying CHF 1.00 each time I turn my phone on. 😞