Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 not charging after update?

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 03:43 PM)
elljay
Apprentice
Options
My partner's S22 hasn't been charging since the 5.1 update. As soon as it turned on from the update it claimed it detected moisture, despite not being near any water or steam.

Been charging wirelessly but this isn't really convenient. Any ideas?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @elljay  I would still suggest that you clean the charging port thoroughly with say a toothpick to rule out  any debris there.  I assume the charger is fine.   some advice here https://www.asurion.com/connect/tech-tips/how-to-clean-out-your-android-or-iphone-charging-port/    However worthwhile checking  Diagnostics via Samsung Members-Get Help.

Whilst not guaranteed sometimes wiping the cache partition can help with charging issues, if not done lately certainly an idea if other solutions do not help.   Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If though issue persists for more than a week say after troubleshooting Would be advisable to visit a Samsung Service Centre.  If not able to do that immediately at least send an Error Report.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

elljay
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go when I can!
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
Same issue with me, have also followed the instruction listed in this thread but no difference. Just installed the latest update as well and still the same. So I'm going to do a full reset to see if that makes a difference.
elljay
Apprentice
Options
Thanks but unfortunately this didnt work and still have the same problem
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

In my case it was some debris, I guess from carrying it in my pocket, in the charging port. I resolved it using a paper straw and blowing out whatever was lodged in  there. 

0 Likes
elljay
Apprentice
Options
Any luck?
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
Not with the full reset, still happened even with stock apps. My guess is the fault lies deep in the software and isn't related to any other apps. Seems to happen less frequently now.
jimbob1968
First Poster
Options
Hi my wife's phone as done the same since December, just updated it today and still doesn't charge since new update
0 Likes