Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 no auto wifi

(Topic created on: 21-05-2023 08:56 PM)
pip57
Journeyman
Options
Hi all dose any one know why the auto wifi refuse to work, on s22 , ive tryed evrey thing i can think of,.i have to switch on/off manualy...i had a s10 5g that worked with no prob

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
gk80002spirit
Apprentice
Options

My issue is not that it does not auto connect.  It says it's connected but It does not use wifi data first vs the phone data.

0 Likes
rhrh
First Poster
Options
Cannot connect my phone to WiFi. The pressing the WiFi button and trying to connect it to a network and putting password in, the 'connect' button is not highlighted and therefore can't connect.
0 Likes
pip57
Journeyman
Options
You could check that you not in airplane mode, ...outher than that ,i dont know the answer
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@rhrh: Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi network, a friend or family members, to see if the issue persists? Also, have you double checked to make sure that you have filled in all the required fields in order to complete the connection? 

0 Likes
randerto
First Poster
Options

Correct - my wife and I have relatively new S22+'s and the auto connect WiFi setting does not work as it should - it never has since we got these phones.  Sometimes it connects and others times it does not.  The most recent issue has been we receive a message indicating it cannot connect to a non-metered WiFi network.  That msg started mysteriously in the past month.  

0 Likes
randerto
First Poster
Options

Same here - never a problem with our S9+'s but auto connect never has worked properly/consistently on our S22+'s...

0 Likes
randerto
First Poster
Options

My wife and I both have this issue with our S22+ phones. We never had this issue with our previous Samsung phones. We have auto WiFi enabled and have registered our home WiFi but we continue to get a message that says "not metered - sign-in required". We can manually sign in but the auto connect does not work as it should. This must be a Samsung firmware or software issue of some sort with the S22 platform.  

0 Likes
randerto
First Poster
Options

Two new S22+'s here and I can confirm auto reconnect for WiFi does not work as it should.   It worked well with our previous S9's.  And yes, we have all the proper settings set - problem has occurred for many months since we got these two phones.  Must be a Samsung s/w issue of some sort.

0 Likes
randerto
First Poster
Options

Would much appreciate someone from Samsung support responding as its been well over a month since I left my original message.  And please don't repeat the same solution already on this thread as it does not work.

0 Likes
GreggS
Student
Options

This is a poor answer. I had the s22 plus connecting for over a year since I bought it new then after a Samsung update it stopped working.  I've reset the Wi-Fi. I've reset the phone. If I manually disconnect the Wi-Fi on the Samsung and then within a second reconnected it has no problem with the Wi-Fi. It just won't do it automatically which is wrong

0 Likes