Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 making notification sounds

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 02:48 PM)
S22Fred
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone else have problems with the S22 making sounds for no reason? It is the Media volume control that handles the volume and not the Notification. Typically the problem gets worse when using Waze or Google maps in navigation.

If the GPS is turned off the problem goes away. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No such issue with this on my phone @S22Fred 

I'd certainly suggest to check all your apps settings and notifications settings again.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Caz2384
Pioneer
Options
Cant say I've had this issue. Hope you sort it
0 Likes
S22Fred
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I have been through all Settings and after some googling I tried to turn off the Wireless emergency alerts (Notifications -> Advanced Settings). So far so good...

What I find most strange is that it is the Media volume that controls it.

0 Likes
S22Fred
Apprentice
Options

Thanks!

0 Likes
S22Fred
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I have been through all Settings and after some googling I tried to turn off the Wireless emergency alerts (Notifications -> Advanced Settings). So far so good...

What I find most strange is that it is the Media volume that controls it.

0 Likes
James1313
First Poster
Options

Is it a random tinkling noise, or video game satellite type noise?  I just changed to an S22, and have been getting this random sound for two days, with no idea what is causing it, what it means, or how to turn it off.

0 Likes
Ambriel V
First Poster
Options

I just got the s22 Ultra last week and I have been getting this every day since I set it up. I can't figure out what is causing it as no badge, or push notification pops up with the sound. I just turned on the notification history so I'll wait and see. It's super annoying and does it all throughout the day. Hopefully, I can figure it out soon.

0 Likes
Joe_M
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem. Anyone know the solution? 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

The tinkling sound you're hearing is most likely an NFC notification. If you use a case on your phone that holds your cards, and those cards have NFC chips, your phone will notify you that there is an NFC chip nearby. 

Try turning off NFC by pulling down the notification panel then tapping the NFC icon. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes