Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 loss of call sound

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 11:34 PM)
robablob
Explorer
Options
I have a bug with my S22 where when I make a call, I can't hear anything once the call is connected. It does connect as the call timer starts to count the nr of seconds connected but I can't hear anything, on normal phone ear speaker or on loudspeaker. Before this happens, the phone has been working fine for many days or weeks. The only thing that seems to fix it it is turning the phone off and on. I've tried switching off WiFi (thinking it may be a WiFi calling issue), switching off Bluetooth (in case connecting to some phantom device and playing sound through that), changing from 4g/5g connection to 3g, switching flight mode on and then off, checked the call volume is not muted. None of these work and restarting is the only option.

I've done a factory reset and gone through the steps in this Samsung article but no luck:https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-the-sound-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-...

Anyone else experienced this?
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @robablob 

Does this happen everywhere you go or in a particular area  ?

Is this happening with all your contacts or a select few ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the sim card kr phone.

Can you try another sim card in your phone and then see what happens  ?

Is it possible the issue can lie with the other person or network cell masts !

You can run a diagnostic via the Samsung Members App diagnostic tool and also try a network reset in your phone's settings.

A Samsung Service Centre can check out your phone too.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ronin123
Journeyman
Options
I too have same issue but I do not need to restart my phone. I just need to hang up my phone and have to dial again. the occurrence of this issue is 5 out of every 10 calls. Not sure whether its phone issue or network provider.
S22 ultra
0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
1) not sure about the area. Will check next time it happens
2) happens for any contact
3+4) I will see if I can do that with Sims next time it happens. However my s9 on the same network never had this problem
6) will try that

Thanks
0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
Does it actually say the call is connected and the call timer starts counting on screen?
0 Likes
Ronin123
Journeyman
Options
Yeap. The call is connected and there is a timer on the screen. As per my experience, they can even hear my voice but I am not able to hear anything.
0 Likes
PolarXplorer
Journeyman
Options
Same issue on my S22. Had the issue roaming in the EU and back in the UK. Call definitely connects as confirmed by caller later.
Restart temporarily fixes the issue. This seems a very common issue with the S22 faimly, from a short Web search. Samsung i hope you are working on a fix.
0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
Do you happen to have links to other places online where ppl have raised this issue?
0 Likes
PolarXplorer
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes