Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 laggy keyboard?

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 05:36 PM)
Rin_
Explorer
Options
Anyone else feel that the Exynos S22 ultra has a laggy feeling typing experience in comparison to the S21 ultra? It's like the phone feels older. Hopefully we'll get a "day 1" update this Friday for optimisation. I use Gboard but have the same lagginess with the stock keyboard.

Cheers guys
28 REPLIES 28
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Yes, same issue here. And also the prediction has not been improved, I still have trouble getting it to type thr word I want 🙃

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Rin_
Explorer
Options
Well I keep reading posts about something similar happening with the S21 Ultras bugs and software/OS which were apparently mostly fixed in the first update around the official release day... Fingers crossed.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
There are quite a few number of issues to sort out, hopefully we will have them resolved very soon via software updates.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Try downloading SwiftKey keyboard and use it, hope you will enjoy
0 Likes
Rin_
Explorer
Options
I have tried that my friend but it feels the same, if not worse!
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can't say I've noticed this yet tbh.
Archangel-93
Apprentice
Options

I found that I am having lagging issues with the keyboard only when I have the chat heads from apps like sms or Facebook Messenger running, as soon as i close the chat head and use just the chat notification in the shade it seems to work fine again and I no longer get the Keyboard lag

Rin_
Explorer
Options
I never use chat heads so I can't say much about that. But I can say my experience with Gboard has been a lot better after the latest S22 ultra firmware update. Which is when I then reinstalled Gboard. A lot better now!
0 Likes
wes12453
Journeyman
Options

First thing I noticed when using my Exynos S22 Ultra. When I receive a message, and want to reply, the first 4 or 5 characters typed aren't recognised. I need to wait 1 or 2 seconds, and then it's fine. Extremely unpleasant for a 1400€ phone. 

1 March update didn't fix it.