Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22 Huge performance difference with stock Samsung wallpapers applied.

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 04:55 PM)
Joemile
Explorer
Options
A user on Reddit has discover that if you apply the stock Samsung wallpapers to your home/lockscreen on your S22 device the overall performance of the device improves massively removing all lag/stutters and creates much smoother animations/scrolling.

I have tried it on my regular S22 exynos and the difference is night and day. A lot of other users have tried this and found the same.

Please could you try this on your devices and report back so Samsung will see this post and use it to hopefully fix performance issues.
13 REPLIES 13
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If your device is struggling THAT much just with a non-stock wallpaper (not applied with a third party app) you have serious problems with the hardware or a major malware issue.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Spot the difference round, the image with the earlier time is stock wallpaper, the second is using a 4K image downloaded from the MSI wallpaper collection. Applied using 'Wallpapers', the stock background handler and not some garbage from Galaxy or Play StoreScreenshot_20220414-231231_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220414-231912_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try something else, open accessibility settings and toggle ON remove some animations. Attached is the image I applied if you want to test for yourself.wallpaper_16479199628aca9bdc0a928041ed3af997119b3aa9_1184_1649974256.jpg
0 Likes
Joemile
Explorer
Options
To be honest I have the Exynos 2200 model and at times it seems more laggy than my old S10 which was also exynos..
0 Likes