Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s22 heating issue

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 01:41 PM)
Sanderschadde
Apprentice
Options

My s22 plus is getting really hot, the phone is 5 days old now and i can not return it because I unboxed it the wrong way. I really dont know what to do because I expected a 1100 euros phone to perform better. Is there any fix for the throttling of the device?

5 REPLIES 5
sarvy
Student
Options
Have you tried to turn power saving mode on? This turn off 5g antena,also wifi threading heats the phone up.

I have s21 ultra,and when i was outside the phone got really hot especialy when using it for navigation in car suspended by the windshield in 40° :))) but,not the phone fault for sunny weather,acctualy the phone is good because it didnt turn off from the heat like my older s8 did in the summer. I also made pictures when out and the phone was hot but i dont see the problem,the phone handled it well,and when its not in use and not in sun its cool,to mention i have the black one.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sanderschadde 

I must admit I'm a little intrigued on how a person can " unbox a phone the wrong way "

Can you explain a little more please  ?

Have you approached the seller of the phone and what have they exactly said to you ?

What region are you in ? Check any relevant Sales of Goods laws etc.

Your phone will be in it's initial learning phase which is when it's learning your usage pattern and adjusting. This can take around 2 weeks approximately. 

Also the battery is new so will take a few charge and discharge cycles to reach optimum output.

If your using fast charging this will heat the phone up more.

While all this is happening and as the phone is new and a person naturally uses it more to get a better feeling for it's  features the phone will warm up as it's being used more than usual.

It's only getting too hot if you then see a warning pop up message on the display stating it's overheating, and then initiates a shutdown.

Some apps are more resource hungry so will generate more heat due to the phone's resources being more aggressively used.

Don't use apps downloaded by apk files please. I'm not saying you are but some users do.

So please start some troubleshooting routes such as... 

• Update your phone's software.
  • Update your apps via your Playstore and Galaxy Store.
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.
  • If you used Smartswitch to transfer your info from your previous phone to your new one then I'd suggest to back up and factory reset.
  • A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone but bing so early into owning the phone you should be in a relevant cooling off period which is why I'm asking what you mean about " unboxing it wrong. "
  • The seller whether it be Samsung or a reseller has a duty of care to you and the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
It's normal, put a case on and you won't feel it.

All current generation phones get hot, don't forget there's a 8 core CPU running at nearly 3GHz inside there - faster than a PC from 10 years ago which are a lot bigger with loads of fans.
0 Likes
Solution
Sanderschadde
Apprentice
Options

Hello samsung users,

I got a update, I pulled the seals of instead of cuttting them so the box was a little damaged. I was lucky a nice guy at the store took it back anyway so I was able to return it. I got my money back and bougt a s20 FE and its a great device, no heating at all and great battery life!

0 Likes
galaxsy s10
Student
Options

I am also having the same problem (s22+ overheat) which startes after a few month. I could not beleive the it is happening to my new phone so I ignored the problem at  the first month.

I tried to get online help and after all exams they adviced me to put phone at the lab.

I gave it to the dealer lab (still in warranty) and his technician that he did not found any problem.

Last week I was sking at Italy. The phone turned off even at the Ski lift and did not turn on until fully cooled.

Its a shame that such problem happens on the flag phone and a bigger shame that Samsung main dealer tries to run away from warranty.

0 Likes