Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Exynos Battery Drain on WiFi

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 11:05 AM)
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with WiFi on S22 . When the phone is idle and connected to WiFi it can't switch to "deep sleep" mode and battery drains much faster then when on 4G. 

Is this a known bug ? Does Samsung is working on a fix ? I need to keep the WiFi turned off currently to reduce the idle battery drain, which is pretty annoying. According to multiple threads on Reddit and other sources online I'm not the only one with this issue 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t7vsjn/my_exynos_s22_bases_battery_drains_34_overnight/

Go to solution
124 REPLIES 124
NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

Did todays update fix wifi bug?

0 Likes
jaly12
Explorer
Options

Doesn't look like it.

0 Likes
User 9000
Explorer
Options

I dont see an system update.

What update are you talking about?

0 Likes
Martin851
Journeyman
Options

I didn't get any update as well. 

0 Likes
Giustfr98
Journeyman
Options

Same problem, s22 exynos no deep sleep on wifi, battery looks ridicolous and it is incredible this big problem which makes the phone pretty unusable hasn't been solved yet

Disruptor
Explorer
Options

It would be nice if Samsung made an official confirmation of the issue. At least here on the forum.

jaly12
Explorer
Options

A support agent told me an update is meant to be out at the end of this week but no confirmation if the issue is fixed.

The update i received yesterday was weird, no patch notes and seemed like it was reinstalling the one from start of april

NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

The bug has been out for a month now and still no fix from samsung...

Yesterday update was only modem

GeorS22
Apprentice
Options

I haven't seen any updates not any fixes on this battery drain issue on S22 ! ... anyone hears anything or finds a fix.. please share 

User 9000
Explorer
Options

There is no fix yet. We are all waiting on samsung to fix this. (And confirm this problem)

Also there is a chance it's a hardware problem and it cant be fixed though software. 

The best you can do is report an error in the samsung members app. Make sure you include a log after a day's usage (not short after you charged you s22)