Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Exynos Battery Drain on WiFi

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 12:03 PM)
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with WiFi on S22 . When the phone is idle and connected to WiFi it can't switch to "deep sleep" mode and battery drains much faster then when on 4G. 

Is this a known bug ? Does Samsung is working on a fix ? I need to keep the WiFi turned off currently to reduce the idle battery drain, which is pretty annoying. According to multiple threads on Reddit and other sources online I'm not the only one with this issue 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/t7vsjn/my_exynos_s22_bases_battery_drains_34_overnight/

124 REPLIES 124
User 9000
Explorer
Options

Does that meen it is an hardware issue?

I am really mad that this update didn't improve anything. 

I'm also having lip sync issues while watching video content (YouTube of mx-player etc)

0 Likes
jaly12
Explorer
Options

Had this too. Go to settings - sounds - seperate app audio - add any app in here ( i put youtube but use YouTube vanced), restart your phone then.  this fixed this issue for me 

0 Likes
jaly12
Explorer
Options

Been watching my CPU usage the last two days, seems to now also be at 100% with WiFi off now too. With wifi off i was seeing nornal cpu usage using mobile data.  Anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

I have to say the exynos s22 is the worst phone i ever bought: not usable with this bug so its been in box since new.

Options

Base S22 wit Exynos. Same batery isues. Worst phone ever bought. Good thing I can still return it, cause it's unusable.

NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

Samsung must do an recall of the exynos s22, its an full failure to not fix an bug like this!

Martin851
Journeyman
Options

I'm having same issue, reported today via Samsung members. Hope they can fix this soon. 

NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

I ordered an Snapdragon S22, sent back the exynos one. Its strange samsung keeps up with the substandard exynos for some markets.

0 Likes
jaly12
Explorer
Options

@NisseHemma wrote:

I ordered an Snapdragon S22, sent back the exynos one. Its strange samsung keeps up with the substandard exynos for some markets.

How did you order snapdragon?

0 Likes
NisseHemma
Explorer
Options

Wonda have a few colours of the HK version, same goes for some German retailers (where i get my snapdragon).

Etoren has also the HK and E versions , bit pricey tho

0 Likes