Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 | Digiscoping | Screen Goes Black with Telephoto lens ... potential programming work required (digiscope mode?)

(Topic created on: 30-06-2022 03:40 AM)
MPESCHKE
Student
Options

When digiscoping using my s22 and my kowa spotting scope, I have no issues taking photos using the 1x lens.  The wide angle works as well.

My problem is with the 3x telephoto in the 'Photo' selection.  I do not have the issue when I am in the Photo 'Pro' selection. 

It will show the image for approximately 1 sec and then go black for about 6 sec.  It will then show the image for another  1sec and then it will go black for another 6 sec.

Same goes for the Video.  When I am in video mode, the image doesn't show up at all (won't even give the 1sec image and the 6 sec black cycle).  If I switch to Video 'Pro' mode, the image shows up with no issues. 

I have to believe there is some sort of exposure sensor on the back of the camera that is triggering this.

Is there a fix?  can I shut off a setting?

If not, could you please have your programmers set up a digiscoping mode so that the fully auto photo and video modes work possibly using the exposure settings from the front of the camera (selfie side)?

I have this adapter for digiscoping: https://www.amazon.ca/Gosky-Telescope-Adapter-Universal-Digiscoping/dp/B079QYDPJ3/ref=sr_1_27?gclid=...

2 REPLIES 2
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
I think the phone has problems focusing when you are using the two tele lenses in tandem, also you cannot have both cameras have lined up correctly, so which camera is lined up in the first place? ( the other camara probably give the black screen)
0 Likes
MPESCHKE
Student
Options

aahh.  interesting.  I did not know that two lenses were used in tele mode.  I thought it was just the bottom one.

0 Likes