Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22+ Can't unlock phone after latest update

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 05:17 AM)
Locane
Student
Options

The most recent update got installed and now my phone shows nothing when I hit the unlock button - normally it comes up with the pattern lock so I can unlock it, but now I just have blankness and the back arrow which does nothing.

If I hold the power button to bring up the shutdown / restart options, it flashes them briefly before showing me my unlock pattern and then going dark.

Samsung, please test your software before you release it :'(

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to unlock your phone any other way to then be able to factory reset it to see if that helps.

Samsung does test it's software before general release both at their end and by letting owners join the Beta Programme to test the software on their phones.

Some Network's also test the software before allowing Samsung to push out the update to their branded phone's.

I assume you obtained the software update via your phone's software update section or via Samsung Smartswitch  ?

If all else fails you may have to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or arrange for the phone to be sent to Samsung.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Locane
Student
Options

I tried rebooting my phone initially for the TS steps and it didn't do anything.  I rebooted it a second time and it came back to working like normal.

I'm not sure why this helped or what was happening - it was almost like it was hung trying to load something it couldn't.

0 Likes