Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 camera snapchat problem

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 10:30 PM)
C_D_C
Journeyman
Options

So today I was on snapchat and I was going to take a selfie. So flipped my camera and it went to the 2nd back camera. I restarted my S22 nothing happened. I Uninstalled snapchat and reinstalled it. Still nothing happened. I made sure I had no updates or anything so I don't know. I reported into to snap but I think it's my phone.

15 REPLIES 15
C_D_C
Journeyman
Options

I tried that still nothing. I think that they updated something to bug out the s22 cameras.

0 Likes
C_D_C
Journeyman
Options

Probably a bug because multiple people are having it.

Tristan37
Student
Options

I went into the samsung camera settings clicked about camera and it has an option open source licensing  I opened it closed out and reopened snap and the camera was functioning  I recreated it as well might just work for me but thought I'd share

0 Likes
Nayyz
First Poster
Options

You LEGEND! This fixed the issue for me. Thanks so much. 

0 Likes
Members_JMUnHbf
First Poster
Options

Hey there !

I literally had the same issue yesterday and tried all the things you mentionned as well without success sadly..

I keep double tapping or pressing the top right corner button to go on selfie mode but it keeps changing between the main and the telephoto lens... Also normally you could even  100× zoom before but now it seems to only support the main lens' zoom. 

I reported the issue on snapchat via the "contact us " thingy.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon because it is very inconvenient.. we'll have to wait now. I don't know if and how we could report it to samsung...

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Members_JMUnHbf ,

Might not be applicable to everyone, but in the UK/Ireland folks can report stuff (particularly software-related issues) by sending an error report with log files via the Members app.

As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of the issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) >  tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.