Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Android Auto Issues

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 02:39 PM)
penright
First Poster
Options

I  have an AVH-2330NEX head that shows only black when AA connects. Other than the black screen it all looks like it works, but I can test anything since I don't have any buttons 🙂

Also, I have a 2016 Honda that is connected to and worked as expected.

Any others with issues, what head work or don't work.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Please read link above Android Auto has broken down on the S22 Ultra information about it is in the link above
0 Likes
Snells
Journeyman
Options
I don't have a black screen when I plug the phone in, but it can be ok for a journey, but then keep losing connectivity for few seconds, then want to connect again & once it starts this, it will do it for the remainder of that journey
0 Likes
ArtemRU
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone!

Problem with GPS is solved, thanks Samsung, but another one issue is still active - I can't connect my s22u and AA. My S10+ works perfect with AA and I have to use it while driving.

Dear Samsung, please fix it asap!

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Might be an android auto issue not your phone 🤷
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ArtemRU: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Android Auto. Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Android Auto > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. Now, connect your S22 Ultra to your car via USB cable, install any updates if prompted, then follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup. Please be aware that you may need to tap the Android Auto logo on your cars display to get started. If the problem persists, please can you let me know if you see any error messages or notifications when you attempt the connection? 

0 Likes
ArtemRU
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL 

Thanks for fast reply. I did like you mentioned but nothing changed - AA still doesn't want to work with S22U, it is written on display: "connection failure".

If you check AA on Google Play you will see a lot of negative reviews from users from Russia. All of them failed to connect AA and S22U.

0 Likes
Tomcat21
Explorer
Options
Anyone having trouble connecting to Android auto using S22. I have 2020 Hyundai Kona.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Although I don't use this myself I have seen some posts here on the forum and on other forums from people encountering different issues.

It might be beneficial to conduct a Forum Search and a Google Search to see these threads as they may hold current workarounds and tips @Tomcat21 

You can also look at sending feedback to the app developer, and maybe have a word with your car dealership as they may have already been made aware of this and can provide some support.

Feedback can also be sent via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

I wish you all the best. :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes