Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 & S8 Tab Microphone Issues after OneUI 5.1 Update

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 12:32 PM)
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options

I don't think I've seen this anywhere after searching around a bunch, but I am having issues with both mics in my Galaxy S22 after the OneUI 5.1 update. Nothing is being picked up by either mic, even when it's saying that I'm currently using it in the status bar

This is also an issue with my S8 Ultra Tablet as of a couple days

This is making it makes it impossible to answer calls from either device as I can never be heard at all when speaking no matter it it's an SIM call or through apps like MS Teams.

Anyone else having this issue, or any suggestions that I might've not thought of trying? My phone mics not working is such a serious issue as I need it for work calls and such, so any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
keith30
Maestro
Options
Do you have the settings on mute by chance, have you checked it?
0 Likes
Hochrheiner
Explorer
Options

I'm having the same issue. A reboot solves it temporarily. Also turning the microphone off and on in the privacy settings makes it work again for a limited time as well. Sometimes it works for 2 days, sometimes it's only a few hours. I have no idea what triggers it, but it started with the last UI update. 

0 Likes
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, same. Reboot is a really temporary solution, I've never had it last more then maybe a day at most, myself, before it stops working again.

Alice1607
Journeyman
Options

One of the first things I checked, including app permissions. All looks good with any settings related to my mics, but neither of them will work.

0 Likes
Hochrheiner
Explorer
Options

I already tried resetting all the app settings / wipe cache / repair apps.. Nothing worked. I don't want to do a factory reset simply because I assume it wouldn't change anything. So I'm waiting for the next update to fix it. 

Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
Same, because I can't see a factory reset fixing it if it's a bug with the OS.

I think even all of my notifications are massively delayed as well, which is fun...

Samsung needs to hurry and push out a fix for this, since there looks to be no work around of fix we can do ourselves.
Hochrheiner
Explorer
Options

I installed the new update yesterday - so far it seems to work continuously... 

Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
Cool, doesn't seem like I've received that update yet, but hopefully it comes through soon and works well.
0 Likes
Hochrheiner
Explorer
Options

*****, after 1 1/2 days the same problem is back... 

0 Likes