Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting Nightmare

(Topic created on: 28-06-2023 01:16 PM)
Ste0110
Journeyman
Options
Got my phone in September 2022 and it randomly would restart itself now and again, but last week or so it is restarting randomly multiple times a day and it started restarting 3-4 times then 7 times in a row before coming back on and now today it's taken over 40 minutes and restarted itself over 100 times before coming back on. Got someone coming to fix it Friday hopefully but anyone else had this issue as my phone is my lifeline when I'm out due to my mental health disability and it's so stressful and frustrating that it can suddenly go off and now start properly again for ages .
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Ste0110
Journeyman
Options
Update. My phone has just restarted over 200 times in the last hour. I think it's definitely a device bug as I've done antivirus scans and nothing. Seems to be getting worse each time. Bring on Friday when hopefully it's fixed or replaced!
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I am having exactly the same issue with my s23 ultra. Its driving me mad!
0 Likes
Ste0110
Journeyman
Options
Have you booked someone to come out? Mines coming tomorrow afternoon so once I know what's causing it I'll post on here and hopefully you'll be able to get yours fixed soon. It's such a pain and so frustrating!!
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I have someone coming out on Tuesday. Really hope it's an easy fix. Tried a factory reset earlier and it seems to have made it even worse.
0 Likes
Ste0110
Journeyman
Options
I did the same the other day. And since then it seems to restart more frequently and takes longer to turn back on. I'm glad I'm not the only one having the issue, but I know how bad this is, so I'm sorry you're also going through it.

I bought my device last September and it's never been dropped or damage or anything. Have you had your phone long?
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I have only had my phone since February and it has had no damage to it. It was fine until last month and then it started just restarting just once or two. But has just been getting worse. And now it won't update to latest software. All apps crashes multiple times a day as well. It must be some sort of software bug.
Ste0110
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE: Engineer was supposed to come between 4-5pm. Now 5.25pm heard nothing. Tried to ring phone lines shut and gone on to Facebook and the reviews on there and trust pilot do not look good at all. Very disappointed as it clearly states on the website person will arrive within the time slot and no map to even show how far away they are. Got my number not even bothered to call to say running late.
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Oh no thats not good at all. Have you contacted samsung to let them know they haven't turned up?
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
The repair guy has been out this morning and it was a faulty motherboard causing the issues. Couldn't fault the engineer. He was brilliant.
0 Likes