Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Locked?

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 12:30 PM)
RDJ7
First Poster
Options

My old phone is slowly dying, but I am studying in South Korea for one semester. I want to buy a new Samsung, the S22+. Can I buy it here in Korea or do I need to wait if I am back in Europe?

Or is there no region locked anymore?

Already thanks for your answers

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kannan-B
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure if my answer will help you. I bought my S22 in India and currently using in UK and it's working fine. Please note that in India most of the phones are sold unlocked.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It will be setup for that region. Unlocked ones will mean you can use any SIM card
Things like software updates will be dependent on the region you got the phone.
Samsung Pay won't be available without a Korean SIM in the phone.
But essentially it should work OK
I've had Korean phones that I've imported to the UK and never had issues other than Samsung Pay not working.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RDJ7 Apart from what was commented by @Glenntech , it is also very likely that you will not be able to receive system updates and security patches, in addition to the inconveniences with the supposed use of the guarantee. I, personally, would not buy it from Korea. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Even if there is a region lock, as long as you use it with a local sim card for 10 or 15 minutes it should remove any region lock. That ought to be done on both SIM slots if dual sim.