Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for a screen protector for S22 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 09:01 AM)
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
Current screen protector has finally decided to part from mobile (well it lasted a year) and its time to replace with another one.

Ant recommended actions for a protector - preferably not a liquid based one?

Pity samsjng cust costs on a £1300 mobile by not factory fitting one as they did with my previous S21+ 🤬

#screenprotector
#S22ultra
#protector
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options
I think you wrote S23 by accident
beagle2mars
Student
Options
Whitestone Dome glass is good although you can get an 'edge' when you swipe with an s-pen...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @emeles 

I use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector as they are good with curved screens and work OK with the fingerprint scanner and sPen.

In general it is case friendly.

They can be purchased as a one pack or two pack from Amazon.

However they are not inexpensive. 

They do use silicone adhesive and as long as the instructions are followed to apply the protective barriers on the speakers and along the edges everything should be fine.

I've fitted them for years.

I wouldn't recommend  the versions with already applied adhesive around the edges as they tend to pop off.

I also use the official Samsung Tpu Protector which comes as a twin pack. They are available via Mobilefun as they are not currently available via the official Samsung Shop.

They are not expensive to purchase and work well with the sPen and fingerprint scanner.

They are case friendly. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you really need a screen protector I've got a s20 ultra and I peeled my protector off , screen feels much better
0 Likes
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
S22 ultra was never shipped with a factory applied screen protector u like the S20.
Yes, the unprotected screen feels good but it won't feel so good with a nice scratch or cracked down the middle!
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
That's OK
0 Likes
AllenChicago
Explorer
Options

I've noticed for years how smudgy my Samsung screens are, compared to my wife's I-Phones.  

Now that my job requires me to drive a lot with the phone mounted for detailed directions, it's crazy how bad the screen looks in sunlight.  Within a few hours  of cleaning the screen, it's back to being smudge-filled again! 

Am looking for a screen protector that makes a Samsung S21-Ultra screen mimic my wife's I-Phone screen's resistance to fingerprints.  

Allen in Chicagoland 

Crowd-Sourced Solutions Are One of the Biggest Pluses of the Cyberspace Era.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AllenChicago 

My current screen protector is the official Samsung Tpu Protector however as I've mentioned in this thread I also like the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

Unfortunately with wear and tear the oleophobic coating both on the phone screens display and on glass screen protectors can wear away.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes