Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random AUDIO distortion over USB-C earphones S22+ HELP

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 08:22 AM)
Dreadish
Navigator
Options

When im listening to music or watching videos over AKG USB-C original Samsung earphones, sound ocasionaly after a while audio started getting distorted -  Its totaly random. It happens randomly, but when it starts, its goes on and on every few seconds. Pause the video/music and resume,  makes it go away, but starts again in few seconds. when this happened, i disconnected the earphones to see if it will continue over speakers, but it didnt. Over speakers plays no problem. Then i  tried another original AKG samsung earphones,  and it was again distorted every few seconds. Earphones are not the problem-they are all original, tried 3 of em and they are not the cause.

Fact 1: audio gets distorted, and when it does, it dosent stop untill reboot.

Fact 2: audio gets distorted  ONLY when i have connected USB TYPE C  earphones (all original from Samsung)

Fact 3: audio plays normal on speakers on every volume

Fact 4: i booted in safe mode, also was playing normal with no  distortion.

Fact 5: i  tried with or without DOLBY ATMOS-didnt fixed distortion, was still distorted

After i reboot in safe mode, it played  normal again, now after few hours , didnt came back. i rebooted back into normal mode, and issue atm didnt returned. but it will, since last time it did.

Im trying to  figure out what causes it. (hardware or software).??

I have April update firmware and I already did factory reset after updating. Didnt helped. Since its random, and it happens only when using earphones, maybe usb-C need too get firmware fix? I read old s21 forums, some people got firmware updates for usb-c connector.

Maybe April,s Firmware S906BXXU1AVCJ did something to audio driver in S22+??? and need to be fixed in next updates?

Any help would be apreciated. What else can i try when audio distorsion comes back?

Samsung,  FIX this!!!! (or im thinking returning the device)

84 REPLIES 84
Dreadish
Navigator
Options

No one?  Samsung ????

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

The distortion returned, and when it did, i  tried every possible thing to stop it from  squiking and making distorted sound. When it started again, when i was listening over AKG usb-c earphones, i deleted cache of USB app, i also wiped cache of GOS, performance mode on and off,  i turn off and on Atmos, nothing made the change. 

Then i turn ON and OFF the  "UHQ upscaling" and distortion stoped. But after few sec i came back. (sounds as i said plays fine over speakers and also over bluetooth. - ONLY when using wired earphones over USB-C it makes random distortion. And pressing UHQ option in settings, it made the change so it  stopped for a moment. So its not the pressure here, but something in firmware-software? Samsung????????

Kev44
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with on my S22 with wired AKG earphones... using Samsung music or spotify after a few minutes the audio distorts by going all tinny with bass distortion, pause for a few seconds fixes it.

Works fine when watching films or Netflix so maybe something to do lock screen and something going to sleep???

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

Wow, finally someone with the same issues. Do u think its software releated? Seems so.... Have u also tried playing over speakers and over bluetooth? For me with thoes two options plays fine except wired earbuds gets distortion in exacly the way u described it. 

Kev44
Student
Options

Just took a call using my wired AKGs and now audio is playing fine... so no idea what the issue is!!!

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

Oh? Next time distortion returns, i will try the same as u did. There is new april,s second firmware circling around starting today. Suppose to have fix for gsm dropping signal problems. Has avd" in the end. And u saying after  u made a call was fine  and distortion was gone. Maybe its connection for this distortion also that gsm issue in firmwares. Keep an eye for an update in next days.

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

Also i  send bug report to Samsung over email,  and they answered today to  reset network  settings amongst other recomendations. This points out, its maybe network connection interferience with audio to cause distorsion when using wired audio,  as we already presumed.....i will sure test this as soon  as distortion comes back, wich  always does.

VincentM2
Explorer
Options

I am also experiencing the same issues (s22+) but with the Samsung usb to 3.5mm jack...music plays fine for a few moments then a screeching distortion along with clicking sounds. This is very frustrating...someone mentioned that another update...xxxavd is circulating...where I can I get this? Also I would like to ask how to reset network connections and clear my usb cache?

Dreadish
Navigator
Options

For clearing cache, go to APPS section,  check "show system apps" and clear cache of the app called "Samsung USB - C headset" and app " USB settings" . But  note: i already did that  at the moment sound started distorsion, and it didnt help. Reseting network settings is possible under menu "GENERAL MANAGMENT" - RESET"  and under "reset" submenu u have option  to "RESET NETWORK SETTINGS". U can  also  try calling someone when distortion happens, like one of the guys above said it helped. Im hope this avd small update fix this. Ill update it a soon  as it becomes available over System update" on my S22+. Im also waiting for this 485 MB (avd) Update. U can get one unofficaly over Sammobile website, but better wait for official update. Its gonna come in next days for sure. Its already circulating in Europe on all models.