Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
Anwender1
Voyager
Options

Ok, thanks for your explanation. I think, it's possible that a poorly programmed driver is the problem. I order two S22+, both have had the same problem.

0 Likes
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

This could possibly change the experience for some users as the problem probably is a compatibility issue against some hardware used by some operators. This is also why not everyone experience the problems, even if their phones probably are just as faulty. And yes, even though it’s a compatibility issue it’s the phone that’s the problem as no other phone have the same issues.

0 Likes
zarco1975
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, it's probably something like that

0 Likes
Anwender1
Voyager
Options

I think so too ...

0 Likes
UpsiloNIX
Journeyman
Options

Issue appeared on September patch for me. Got the October one yesterday and still here.

I hope android 13 may help.

Anwender1
Voyager
Options

Unfortunately Beta-Tester say: No! ...

0 Likes
leapinthedark
Pioneer
Options

an update from me,  long back  along with pre order i purchased this s22+ and had this issue of frequent call drops and phone not reachable (to the other caller) and had returned the handset and got back my old s21+ knowing samsung will never fix it as this is not faced by everyone its only in towns and citys where there are two cell towers overlapping and the radiio driver does not or is not handling the network correctly as it should, can confirm this as i was in another city for a month and did not face this issue while was there, was happy with the samsung s21+ back in my hands and never faced the issue again at home since 6 months, last week i enrolled in the android 13 beta update and boom the issue is back, i am now on second beta 2 in UK on vodafone network and still not fixed, I am on same network ,same sim card everything is the same, I will be rolling back the beta soon and will never update to android 13 till i sell the phone ,  so this is basically to me a software driver issue of with incompatable with some networks 

0 Likes
MedBouc
Explorer
Options

Any news about this?
The last message is from two weeks ago
I'm from France and see  here a lot complaining about this issue

michaelxy
Pioneer
Options

I guess many people gave back the defective S22 Ultras (like me) and the others play: last man standing  😀

Note9, unihertz jelly pro, Nokia 6300, xCover4, xCover5, Galaxy Tab Active3, S23 Ultra 0,5 TB
dule020
Student
Options

Any news in Beta 4? Is this fix maybe?

0 Likes